Salary cap to rise

dudacek

TSN radio in Vancouver is reporting Bill Daly as saying the cap will fall between $84 and $88 million.

Cap is $81.5 this year.

Sabres have $47 committed for next year for 1 goalie, 5 D and 4 forwards.

Team needs to re-sign RFA regulars Reinhart, Olofsson, Kahun, Lazar, Montour, Pilut and Ullmark

It needs to re-sign or replace UFA regulars Frolik, Simmonds, Vesey, Girgensons and Larsson, and depth veterans Hunwick, Sobotka, Hammond, Wilson, Nelson and Gilmour

Guys in the system pushing for jobs include RFAs Thompson, Mittelstadt, Johansson and Elie, as well as signed prospects Cozens, Asplund, Smith, Pekar, Ruotsalainen, Bryson, Borgen, Fitzgerald and Lukkonnen

Edited by dudacek

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Cool the increase can cover the cap overages from this season 

CapFriendly not showing anything for overages at the moment, which I take to mean that those will still have to be added on to the $47.

However, it is showing $3.5 million in potential performance bonuses.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

CapFriendly not showing anything for overages at the moment, which I take to mean that those will still have to be added on to the $47.

However, it is showing $3.5 million in potential performance bonuses.

I believe Flagg said the cap guru from HF Boards mentioned their estimated overage penalty to be around 1.5 Million 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

TSN radio in Vancouver is reporting Bill Daly as saying the cap will fall between $84 and $88 million.

Cap is $81.5 this year.

Sabres have $47 committed for next year for 1 goalie, 5 D and 4 forwards.

Team needs to re-sign RFA regulars Reinhart, Olofsson, Kahun, Lazar, Montour, Pilut and Ullmark

It needs to re-sign or replace UFA regulars Frolik, Simmonds, Vesey, Girgensons and Larsson, and depth veterans Hunwick, Sobotka, Hammond, Wilson, Nelson and Gilmour

Guys in the system pushing for jobs include RFAs Thompson, Mittelstadt, Johansson and Elie, as well as signed prospects Cozens, Asplund, Smith, Pekar, Ruotsalainen, Bryson, Borgen, Fitzgerald and Lukkonnen

if we suck so bad why do we want to re-sign all these guys? thats 18 guys on a lousy team that you want back??

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That's great.  We can find a way to spend 8 million additional dollars on putting a garbage hockey team on the ice.

yeah its time to celebrate

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

No, you're right, my sarcasm and disdain for management is completely unwarranted. They've done a bang up job. Please continue.

It's hard to type with your head in the sand 

Might be that every thread doesn't need to have the management pulled into it?  I mean, this can very well just be a conversation about the salary cap right?

This is what permeates this forum. I get it, people aren't happy, but when every thread devolves into commentary about management, it starts to lose its shine. I fast forward through most threads now because they all seem to boil back down to complaining about the situation at hand.  It's not just you, but in this thread, it was you.

If I"m TP,  this news would incline me to fire JBot.  I wouldn't want him in charge of even more money based on his inability to evaluate players.  His only claim to fame is Skinner, IMO and he's allowing the HC to under utilize him.  He's botched nearly every other decision he's made.  

This would give a new GM an opportunity to build the team the way he wants.  More cap and there's a lot of players not signed.  If you allow JBot to fill in these spots with current or new players and spend the additional cap - it makes it that much harder on the new guy. 

Edited by 7+6=13

6 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

If I"m TP,  this news would incline me to fire JBot.  I wouldn't want him in charge of even more money based on his inability to evaluate players.  His only claim to fame is Skinner, IMO and he's allowing the HC to under utilize him.  He's botched nearly every other decision he's made.  

This would give a new GM an opportunity to build the team the way he wants.  More cap and there's a lot of players not signed.  If you allow JBot to fill in these spots with current or new players and spend the additional cap - it makes it that much harder on the new guy. 

Jokiharju was a good get.  That and Skinner are the only 2 things Botterill has done that I support.  The rest is either bad, terrible or worst in franchise history.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Paying Skinner what he paid him was good? 

I think it was.  IMO,  a legit NHL scorer is something I'm good with paying for.  What they are doing with him and the players he's put around him are shameful.

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Jokiharju was a good get.  That and Skinner are the only 2 things Botterill has done that I support.  The rest is either bad, terrible or worst in franchise history.

Honestly not trying to be smart but why was Joker a good get?   Nylander is out performing him in terms of points and has more than twice the goals in 5 less games.  

I think we lost on that one too without the privy of what they'll be.  Maybe potential with Joker being younger?

36 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Honestly not trying to be smart but why was Joker a good get?   Nylander is out performing him in terms of points and has more than twice the goals in 5 less games.  

I think we lost on that one too without the privy of what they'll be.  Maybe potential with Joker being younger?

You can't compare a D man to a forward by looking at points. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.