Senators fire new CEO after 2 months...team dumpster fire

matter2003

If you think the Sabres are bad...the Sens continue to show they are simply a tire fire...

The new CEO was hired after an extensive search so he could lead the team for the next decade according to the Sens owners but he lasted only 2 months haha

https://sports.yahoo.com/senators-fire-ceo-they-just-hired-8-weeks-ago-154711468.html

From what it sounds like, someone got some dirt on him, or he said/did something recently that got him canned.

Usually when they say things like 'conduct inconsistent with the core values of the team and league' he's either been caught saying something offensive about woman/minorities/sexual orientations/etc, done something sexual to someone, or has a drug/alcohol problem. Although the last one they usually try to help you with first.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

And look at their AHL team that is the best in the league, then note they aren't being carried by a bunch of Quadruple A/AHL/Minor League for life guys but actual honest to God legit NHL prospects.

Does it matter tho?  As soon as they hit their second contract they will get traded because the owner won't pay them

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

From what it sounds like, someone got some dirt on him, or he said/did something recently that got him canned.

Usually when they say things like 'conduct inconsistent with the core values of the team and league' he's either been caught saying something offensive about woman/minorities/sexual orientations/etc, done something sexual to someone, or has a drug/alcohol problem. Although the last one they usually try to help you with first.

Banging the secretary just isn't acceptable anymore...err...sorry...administrative assistant.

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I'm sure the language referenced as a reason for the termination jibes nicely with language contained in all NHL employment contracts.  I.E., the team is covering their tracks and making clear they had cause to terminate the K. 

I agree, it is likely one of the things you referenced.  He's a bigot, sexual abuser, or alcoholic/addict of some type.  Something like that.  If I had to guess knowing nothing about it, I'll say he's an alcoholic!  LOL.  Why?  Just going by the photo of him in the referenced article.  Looks like he's got a lot of rough mileage on that chassis.

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Does it matter tho?  As soon as they hit their second contract they will get traded because the owner won't pay them

And there's the root of the matter.  No matter how poorly people thing of Terry and Kim, they're no Eugene Melnyk.

Belleville is great with a lot of young talent...the Senators have a bright future if they just stay out of their own way.

Tkachuk, White, Balcers, Hawryluk, Brown, Tierney, Chabot, Jaros, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Norris, Brown, Gruden, Formenton, Batherson, Abramov, etc.

They have a lot of young talent.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm sure the language referenced as a reason for the termination jibes nicely with language contained in all NHL employment contracts.  I.E., the team is covering their tracks and making clear they had cause to terminate the K. 

I agree, it is likely one of the things you referenced.  He's a bigot, sexual abuser, or alcoholic/addict of some type.  Something like that.  If I had to guess knowing nothing about it, I'll say he's an alcoholic!  LOL.  Why?  Just going by the photo of him in the referenced article.  Looks like he's got a lot of rough mileage on that chassis.

Melnyk also fast tracked a liver transplant for himself a few years back, so his “buddies” are probably drinkers.

44 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Belleville is great with a lot of young talent...the Senators have a bright future if they just stay out of their own way.

Tkachuk, White, Balcers, Hawryluk, Brown, Tierney, Chabot, Jaros, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Norris, Brown, Gruden, Formenton, Batherson, Abramov, etc.

They have a lot of young talent.

Ok, and we have Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Cozens, and Oloffson...plus a few more I am not thinking of....so what?

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Holy Cow!

I'd have to fire every truck driver, maintenance person and mechanic that I ever had work for me if all it takes is a disagreement and a some swearing.

Heck, that's how every morning started!

Edited by woods-racer
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Skibum said:

Nothing like a good schadenfreude thread to help ease the sting of another bum season. 

Shraderenfreude

There is no way it was just the profanity, or even majority profanity.  There had to be some world class bad behavior on that call.  I'd love to have been listening in.  Maximum entertainment value.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.