Finally this season is over for me

MODO Hockey

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Pat is a freelancer and Teddy let the boys play as long as they played with effort and intensity. 

But this is my point.  If Ted = effort and intensity from the players, great!  

We haven't gotten much of that around here for the last decade +, going back to the last several years of Lindy.

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Pat is a freelancer and Teddy let the boys play as long as they played with effort and intensity. 

And Pat played for Nolan for a grand total of 89 games which, other than the short return with the rags, marked the end of his career.  How much can he really take away from that.  Also, when a guy picks Ted Nolan over a legend like Al Arbour, we're probably very lucky that this guy isn't running our organization.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

6’ 1”

oh you mean job? He’s an assistant coach with New Jersey Devils ??

Bloodlines are good for a management position.  Isn't his brother the GM for the Dolphins?

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Bloodlines are good for a management position.  Isn't his brother the GM for the Dolphins?

A quick google search tells me ... yes, Chris Grier is in fact the GM of Miami Dolphins. Interesting ... me personally I don’t care about bloodlines I want results. If Mike is good, he’ll get his shot eventually. And if he’s good, hopefully the Sabres consider him and add him to this trainwreck. Then chew him up and spit him out like all the others ?

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

A quick google search tells me ... yes, Chris Grier is in fact the GM of Miami Dolphins. Interesting ... me personally I don’t care about bloodlines I want results. If Mike is good, he’ll get his shot eventually. And if he’s good, hopefully the Sabres consider him and add him to this trainwreck. Then chew him up and spit him out like all the others ?

I have to believe in bloodlines since all my siblings are more successful than I am.  ?  Never heard a bad thing about Mike, but he may need to learn a bit more to move to GM (if he even wants to go into management since he is in coaching now).  I'm grasping a straws here to find someone, anyone, that can right this ship (and I spelled ship wrong, it should have ended with a "t".

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I have to believe in bloodlines since all my siblings are more successful than I am.  ?  Never heard a bad thing about Mike, but he may need to learn a bit more to move to GM (if he even wants to go into management since he is in coaching now).  I'm grasping a straws here to find someone, anyone, that can right this ship (and I spelled ship wrong, it should have ended with a "t".

Grier should go the college route.  I'm sure his school would love to have him.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

That was neither a Marty season nor Miller's Vezina season

But I getcha

The exact timing was fuzzy. But I still say it holds water. If your top guys are afraid of being benched that is an indicator that there is a talented group fighting for every minute they're on the ice. This roster is just totally void of actual competitive talent.

Marty said it the other day: 'You're there, but you're not THERE.' There's no urgency, movement and push to this team. You can't bench half your forwards every game so complacency and laziness set in. I want to see Joe Thornton type attitudes on this team that get pushy and competitive with each other for playing time and rosters spots. But until we have a GM able  to put competitive talent into the roster, it won't happen. 

6 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I agree.

Season is completely irrelevant from this point in.

Shut Jack down for the year.

Rename the area to KeyTANK center and have another Oven Mitt giveaway.

Bring on the lottery

Did they really give away ov gloves?!  If so were they at least quality?   It would be pretty bad if they were junk and 7000 fans burned their hands pulling out pot pies.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Did they really give away ov gloves?!  If so were they at least quality?   It would be pretty bad if they were junk and 7000 fans burned their hands pulling out pot pies.  

2 things hotter than Banquet Pot Pies.  Molten lava and the surface of the sun.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I agree.

Season is completely irrelevant from this point in.

Shut Jack down for the year.

Rename the area to KeyTANK center and have another Oven Mitt giveaway.

Bring on the lottery

tanking never works.

I've said it for the past few years, this team won't take the next step until the leftovers from the tank years are replaced... Girgensons, Larsson, Risto, McCabe, and I'd also lump Reinhart in that group.

They need a change of scenery as well.   

Are there other players on the team playing worse?  Yes.

Will they do better on another team?  Likely.

If you want a culture change you need to move on from that group of players.    

If they want to save their NHL careers, they need a change of scenery.   

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't been a peacemaker on this board, but let's try to have as much fun with the last 20 games as we can.  If the games aren't entertaining, I can always count on this board to give me a laugh or two.  All of us on this board need to "stay connected."

25 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I haven't been a peacemaker on this board, but let's try to have as much fun with the last 20 games as we can.  If the games aren't entertaining, I can always count on this board to give me a laugh or two.  All of us on this board need to "stay connected."

Yeah, there are definitely a couple of boobs on this board that can put a smile on my face.  Wink wink.

Edited by Beer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, I’ve given up as far as the playoffs are concerned. The first two losses on this trip were the fatal blows for me.

I will continue to watch and cheer because it’s what I’ve done for 45 years. I even flew into Winnipeg for last night’s game. Oh well, the management decisions are out of my hands, but there has got to be way into the playoffs next year.

It has to be traded because the UFA group sounds lean. Use that cap space as an asset!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Well, I’ve given up as far as the playoffs are concerned. The first two losses on this trip were the fatal blows for me.

I will continue to watch and cheer because it’s what I’ve done for 45 years. I even flew into Winnipeg for last night’s game. Oh well, the management decisions are out of my hands, but there has got to be way into the playoffs next year.

It has to be traded because the UFA group sounds lean. Use that cap space as an asset!

bill clinton applause GIF by Election 2016

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.