GDT: 3/3/20 Buffalo Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets 8 pm

bob_sauve28

For some reason I don’t feel confident about this one. I just can’t put my finger on it. Oh yeah ! Its cause we lost the last 3. While we were playing the right way according to Ralph. And apparently changing the culture too. Now I’m optimistic. Carry on. Enjoy the game. Bare witness a team doing it the right way.

Olofsson out I presume?

Eichel at 75%

Hutton playing better overall, but still not terrific.

Slumping top six

PP and PK are struggling

I think I’ll predict a loss ...

4 - 2

Kahun, Larsson, or Dahlin with a goal 

Edited by Zamboni

A game between two teams that probably won't make the playoffs but whose fans still have hope...

Laine should be back in for the game but Niku, Lowry, Perreault and Little (gone for season) still not playing.

I've been told that Morrissey will be paired with DeMelo for tonight's game so Morrissey is back.

Also out with injuries are Bitetto, Dahlstrom and Letestu. These players not being dressed is probably a good thing for the Jets though.

We lead the league in man games lost so far this year and that isn't counting Byfuglien.

Good luck!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Not gonna stop watching now.

Go Sabres!

That's where I am too, always.  Always going to watch, though all we have left is the hope of a good, entertaining game, and the Sabres provide maybe 8-10 of those a year.  But you never know.

Losses are better than wins at this point, of course.

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Honestly I just want to sit down with a good book tonight.  I think radio for this one.

You are a better man than most.  Listening to Dunleavy on the radio is a three hour carnival ride in the dark with the occasional mad ranting or stream of consciousness thought to break the silence.  He has no ability to create a scene in the mind nor update the scene with things like who has possession and where, the time left or who is on the ice.  Blah blah...silence..."Shot" ....silence...blah blah.  It is maddening considering RJ and Ted in their prime were almost therapeutic to listen to.

59 minutes ago, LTS said:

I will be in the middle of what will likely be a 3.5 hour long youth baseball board meeting.

I'm pretty sure I would rather watch the game.

Oh well.. I will be at Thursday's game.

Just had my first practice last night. First season coaching in a new organization. May I recommend voting to supply coaches with more than 7 baseballs? Volunteers shouldn’t need to spend a hundred dollars on balls. Hope you have a great season! Coaching is easily the most rewarding thing I do. 

45 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

That's where I am too, always.  Always going to watch, though all we have left is the hope of a good, entertaining game, and the Sabres provide maybe 8-10 of those a year.  But you never know.

Losses are better than wins at this point, of course.

The trade deadline and 6-point gap were glimmers of hope. That was nice. But ultimately, this season is like the prequels. There are stretches of good stuff; there's a good script hidden in there in places; there are talented actors and some are having fun like they should... but ultimately, the overall execution of all these things simply falls short.

I disagree about the the losses though. This franchise needs to win games, even if only as a selling point to upcoming UFAs in the short-term. I'm fine with winning the lottery, but there's no need to increase the odds of winning further. Fight through. Stop feeling sorry for ourselves, play a sound defensive system, score a few goals, and win.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, 3putt said:

You are a better man than most.  Listening to Dunleavy on the radio is a three hour carnival ride in the dark with the occasional mad ranting or stream of consciousness thought to break the silence.  He has no ability to create a scene in the mind nor update the scene with things like who has possession and where, the time left or who is on the ice.  Blah blah...silence..."Shot" ....silence...blah blah.  It is maddening considering RJ and Ted in their prime were almost therapeutic to listen to.

Dunleavy is not the worst play by play guy I've ever heard.  Compared to John Gurtler or Kevin Sylvester, he's downright fantastic.

But you're right; there is something very sanitized about his delivery and I just don't like the guy.  

I have no idea what their real plans are for the job once RJ is gone for good, but I hope they re-examine the position and move on from Dunleavy.  Or he moves on himself before that day arrives. 

I fear he has been assured he will be "The Guy" going forward once RJ takes off the headset for good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.