Let the Tank begin

freester

Good news. If we lose out the rest of the season we can still qualify for a prime lottery spot.   Only Detroit is uncatchable. Botteril will definitely be fired. 
 We can also move Skinner to play with Jack since VO is injured again and move Sam away from Jack.  Sam will thus stop scoring and this will result in a lesser contract for next year. 

There is hope Sabres fans. 

3 minutes ago, freester said:

Good news. If we lose out the rest of the season we can still qualify for a prime lottery spot.   Only Detroit is uncatchable. Botteril will definitely be fired. 
 We can also move Skinner to play with Jack since VO is injured again and move Sam away from Jack.  Sam will thus stop scoring and this will result in a lesser contract for next year. 

There is hope Sabres fans. 

Seriously doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Seriously doubt it.

It's too early to get a read on that one way or the other.

The home stretch might help decide it.

Botterill was a partial buyer at the deadline, which was stupid.  He said he wanted to play "meaningful" hockey games in March.

This team isn't going to play a single meaningful hockey game in March.

If we go on a nice solid losing streak, he could easily be fired at year's end.

Depends on how Pegula feels.

Edited by Kruppstahl

Just now, freester said:

If we lose out the Pegulas would feel a lot of pressure to make a change. 20 straight losses would be brutal. JBOT might not make it to the end of the season. 

Twenty straight losses yes. Do you really think they will lose twenty? 

2 minutes ago, freester said:

If we lose out the Pegulas would feel a lot of pressure to make a change. 20 straight losses would be brutal. JBOT might not make it to the end of the season. 

"Losing a bunch of hockey games" does not equal a "tank."

A "tank" is an organizationally structured and sanctioned attempt at losing by fielding the worst players possible.

This organization isn't doing that this year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

"Losing a bunch of hockey games" does not equal a "tank."

A "tank" is an organizationally structured and sanctioned attempt at losing by fielding the worst players possible.

This organization isn't doing that this year.

It is certainly not planned but could be occurring due to Botterils shear incompetence 

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Rooting for losing.  You all want to see more of last night?

Oh, I get it.  You'll stop watching, cheer the losses.  F that.  I'm here for the duration.  Win some ***** hockey.

No I hate losing as much as you. Long term there will be no success as long as JBOT is here. Losing out gets rid of Botteril and hopefully brings in a supreme talent for the future. This season is lost. 

4 minutes ago, freester said:

No I hate losing as much as you. Long term there will be no success as long as JBOT is here. Losing out gets rid of Botteril and hopefully brings in a supreme talent for the future. This season is lost. 

We've been rooting for losing out for what, 8 years now? 9 years?  It's not like we've seen massive gains from it to expect more of.  You can keep it.  I'll root for seeing them play their best and let the cards fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Weave said:

We've been rooting for losing out for what, 8 years now? 9 years?  It's not like we've seen massive gains from it to expect more of.  You can keep it.  I'll root for seeing them play their best and let the cards fall where they may.

I’m sorry. I can’t stomach another year of Botteril. This offseason is critical. Botteril has already set the franchise back 5 years. If he hands out more bad long term contracts we could be doomed for many years to come. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, freester said:

I’m sorry. I can’t stomach another year of Botteril. This offseason is critical. Botteril has already set the franchise back 5 years. If he hands out more bad long term contracts we could be doomed for many years to come. 

For 8 seasons, "I'm sorry, I can't stomach more of ___________" has been the rallying call for more losing.  We lose.  People get frustrated with it.  And they root for more losing.  Wtf?

Just now, Weave said:

For 8 seasons, "I'm sorry, I can't stomach more of ___________" has been the rallying call for more losing.  We lose.  People get frustrated with it.  And they root for more losing.  Wtf?

Do you trust Botteril to handle the offseason?  I don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, freester said:

Do you trust Botteril to handle the offseason?  I don’t. 

So let's see....... Regier failed.  Murray failed.  Botteril failed.  Ruff failed, Rolston failed.  Bylsma failed.  Housley failed. 

Yup. Let's keep rooting for enough losing for more deck chair changes.  Makes sense.

Edited by Weave
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Whether people want it or not, there is a very good chance that Buffalo wins 1 out of 10 which includes the last three games they played. They just don't have the talent and the reality is they won't win. Three to five wins is likely in the cards out of the next 20

Top 5 pick again....

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

So let's see....... Regier failed.  Murray failed.  Botteril failed.  Ruff failed, Rolston failed.  Bylsma failed.  Housley failed. 

Yup. Let's keep rooting for enough losing for more deck chair changes.  Makes sense.

Yeah, I actually think given financial resources throughout his tenure Darcy may have been the best of the three GM's and Ruff was , in my mind, a good coach. TM and JBott???  At least TM's job was not necessarily to win. JBott's is. All in all we've done all this before so losing just to do it again isn't very attractive for me.

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Whether people want it or not, there is a very good chance that Buffalo wins 1 out of 10 which includes the last three games they played. They just don't have the talent and the reality is they won't win. Three to five wins is likely in the cards out of the next 20

Top 5 pick again....

If it happens, it happens.  But to actively root for it after a decade of underwhelming performances?  No thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Top 5 pick again....

This.  Nobody should root for losing but it is inevitable with a poorly constructed and talentless team. They need 6 wins out of the last 17 with a brutal schedule just to beat last years points total.  They may not make that.  Pathetic. No way JBot could be brought back with no improvement in 3 years. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Rooting for losing.  You all want to see more of last night?

Oh, I get it.  You'll stop watching, cheer the losses.  F that.  I'm here for the duration.  Win some ***** hockey.

Yep.  These guys still, STILL need to learn to win together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.