Who is replacing Botterill? No, really ...

Zamboni

After you get past saying you just want JB fired. After you get past saying “I don’t know, anyone would be better”. After you get past the understandable frustration of wanting him fired ...

What realistic, logical solution would you recommend to the Pegulas?  I know some will make jokes and rage against JB and/or Pegulas .... so after you get it out of your system, can you name some GM candidates that are semi realistic choices? It would be interesting what real possibilities you think are out there. If anyone can actually supply names.

I personally don’t want a GM where the game has passed them by and are a retread who’s peak was in 1985. I also don’t want a GM with little to no experience as a GM. But that’s just me.
Sabres fans ... Names Names! I want names! ??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I think this team is causing the good people on this board to lose their minds.

Nope the definition of sanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting the same result.  Therefore, I am very sane.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

"I am perfectly sane. Everyone else, however, is insane and trying to steal my magic bag."

Dana Carvey as John McLaughlin

Magic bag, magic bus.  Tomato, Tomahto.

image.png.11e468407897dca2dbd79ffc097473ba.png

4 hours ago, Tondas said:

Nope the definition of sanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting the same result.  Therefore, I am very sane.

It certainly isn't the definition of insanity

(Def) the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

• Like (+1) 1

No, thanks. Fans are under no obligation, and have limited ability anyway, to offer a replacement name. Unless your point is literally that there's no one better than Botterill and you're trying to play gotcha. We went through that nonsense when Ruff's keister was on the hot plate.

• Like (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No, thanks. Fans are under no obligation, and have limited ability anyway, to offer a replacement name. Unless your point is literally that there's no one better than Botterill and you're trying to play gotcha. We went through that nonsense when Ruff's keister was on the hot plate.

Um no .... it’s just a fun/interesting exercise to see if anyone has a good handle on who is out there. Realistically....

You can avoid the topic if you don’t know any names.  No worries. I don’t know many either. I don’t follow too many GMs or their assistants. I was genuinely curious as to who is out there. No gotcha games. Don’t assume I have a point I didn’t type please. I typed what I meant.... 

so far Dudley, Shero, and Bergevin... no other names? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Um no .... it’s just a fun/interesting exercise to see if anyone has a good handle on who is out there. Realistically....

You can avoid the topic if you don’t know any names.  No worries. I don’t know many either. I don’t follow too many GMs or their assistants. I was genuinely curious as to who is out there. No gotcha games. Don’t assume I have a point I didn’t type please. I typed what I meant.... 

so far Dudley, Shero, and Bergevin... no other names? 

I hate Botteril so much that I would rather have Peter Chiarelli

I'll say it...I miss Lindy and Darcy. At least they worked well together and had such passion. Their teams had passion (remember those great brawls with Ottawa, Philly Boston etc). Their teams looked like they actually cared. They played with something long missing here; heart.

• Like (+1) 3

Ideally, I’d want someone who would build on what’s here right now, rather than tearing it down, because we aren’t a total wasteland and me and Jack can’t handle a repeat of the past 6 years.

Totally in contradiction with that, but presented because it is fun:

Is there a guy out there with ties to Mike Babcock? Because you gotta know Babcock would love to do to the Leafs what Punch did. It would be more of an NFL style structure where he’d be the coach and work in tandem with his Beane. 

Ralph and Babs have worked together. Ralph could be the touchy feeling hockey president at the top of the chain.

How about Ron Hextall?

(Of course Terry’s ego probably couldn’t handle Babs after he already ***** him over, but, like I said, it’s a fun idea).

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ll play.  I made a list of possible candidates.  Not all are well know, because they were not all good players, but all seem probably qualified.  I split up those who have/have not previously been GM’s.  I focused more on 1st time guys.

Re-Treads:

Ray Shero, Mike Gillis, Ron Hextall, Dean Lombardi 

First Timers:

Tyler Dellow, Pat Verbeek, Chris Drury, Bill Zito, Miroslav Satan, John Ferguson, Laurence Gilman, Dan MacKinnon, Ryan Martin, Mark Hunter

Edited by Curt

Just now, Zamboni said:

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/team/exec-hockey-ops-evan-gold

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/team/exec-hockey-ops-scott-bradley

ok so here are two who have potential . Maybe? Don’t know much about them other than what’s in those links...

From Boston, John Ferguson seems like a good, maybe better, candidate. https://www.nhl.com/bruins/team/exec-hockey-ops-john-ferguson

Gould is maybe too young without enough actual experience in hockey.  Bradley seems like he has transitioned into the semi-retired advisor role.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.