How hurt is Jack?

GASabresIUFAN

5 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I was watching him tonight against Winnipeg, particularly thinking about his "injury".  I thought he looked pretty good from a physical standpoint; there isn't anything obvious I can see that he can't do at the moment.

I do think he is "dinged up" more than injured, but probably not quite right.

Don't forget, Harrington reporting a couple games ago how the group was still sitting around in their uniforms and equipment, a long time after the game ended.  Eichel came out to talk to the Press wearing everything but a helmet...Harrington's observation being in the room was that the group realized any playoff push was officially over.

So maybe Eichel's "injury" is simply a loss of focus and concentration.  I don't blame him.

He raised his game to a new level this year and had a great season.  He was quite consistent at that higher level too.

And his GM abandoned him. Wasting the best years. 

What do you mean by hurt? Physically or mentally?

Like most players, I'm sure there's some physical injury/pain he is playing through this time of year, might end up having some offseason minor surgery when the seasons done. Don't think it's anything too serious.

Mentally, I would think another embarrassing season has gotten to him and he may be hurt by it. Maybe he is hurt they traded away ERod and let BOGO go. Who knows.

But it doesn't really matter anymore cause the rest of the year is just going to be them riding out the season again

On 2/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, Weave said:

No.  We are deducing that there is an injury. 

Yes, you're correct, we deduced there is an injury.   Which is how we know there is one. ? Engineers make correct deductions all the time. ?

The fact he still is avoiding contact when he can implies that it is likely a rib injury he's working through.  It's been supposed to possibly be a back, but doubt he'd be skating as well with that, though he did miss a game this season with back spasms, so it is possible.  And his skating isn't quite what it was, which also implies back.

What some are also supposing in these threads is that he's lazy.  Those folks are so wrong, it isn't even funny.  Watch his reactions to finally scoring both at the time of the goal and going through the line.  He was living that goal and probably added 2 years to keeping that ginger doo from going gray or going away with it.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:27 AM, Taro T said:

The fact he still is avoiding contact when he can implies that it is likely a rib injury he's working through.  It's been supposed to possibly be a back, but doubt he'd be skating as well with that, though he did miss a game this season with back spasms, so it is possible.  And his skating isn't quite what it was, which also implies back.

I'm thinking it's ribs, and that the bruised/broken ribs could be involved with the back spasms (i.e., all soft tissue issues).  He hasn't been shut down because while it's painful, it's not dangerous.  In my experience, rib injuries "never heal", you just get used to the pain.  Then at some distant point in the future, 6 or 12 months off, you realize they don't hurt anymore.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.