GDT 2/29/20 Buffalo at Arizona or Phoenix or whatever they're called this year, 8pm, WGR, MSG.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

People were counter arguing in the one thread there is no such thing as a losing culture?  This is perhaps the worst example of a entrenched losing culture I have ever seen in professional sports.  If it were me I would get Gallant in the offseason.  He took a garbage Florida team to the playoffs in one year.  He is a SOB and that is exactly what we need.  I am sick of the nice guys.  

Agreed......cut the crap and get somebody who will kick some a**

• Like (+1) 2

My in depth analysis: we suck.

Cannot count how many puck battles Reinhart lost tonight - and yet some will still quote diagrams and insist he's a valuable member of the core. LOL.

Now that guy Keller, there's a hockey player. We could use a few guys like that.

not much to say, same old rubbish as every year. Absolutely cannot compete at a higher level. If the opposition digs down and turns it on we look like the bunch of scrubs and losers we are. Well done JBot, now tell me to "trust the process" some more. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right, that's what I'm saying. 

If the actual statistics are not admissible to you, it comes down to "he said, he said" eye test fandangling. 

Who's celebrating anything? Top line was garbage. If they don't play well, we don't win. 

So, why are we arguing? We agree that this team is hot garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

People were counter arguing in the one thread there is no such thing as a losing culture?  This is perhaps the worst example of a entrenched losing culture I have ever seen in professional sports.  If it were me I would get Gallant in the offseason.  He took a garbage Florida team to the playoffs in one year.  He is a SOB and that is exactly what we need.  I am sick of the nice guys.  

The franchise needs a purge.  If the owners do not understand it then this team is doomed.  Poor  scouting leads to bad selections.  There is no team identity.  Novice GM who had Several great talents in Pittsburgh that made him look good.  Botterill cannot trade his way out of this.  He and Murray made some bad trades and the Farm system is lean.   Focus on the drafting quality talent and sign a few short term free agents.  Hire a coach that does not accept pathetic effort or a losing attitude,  I am a fan since day one but this team is unwatchable and getting to be unlikable. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

But Pegula won't approve a meanie HC coming in. He doesn't wanna get yelled at or be questioned about anything. Only quiet church mouse types are allowed to be interviewed.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, why are we arguing? We agree that this team is hot garbage.

I'm not arguing, you are. 

??

Edited by Thorny
I mean we don't even have a stellar season from Jack to root for anymore, some sort of bragging rights..it's barren.

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

The franchise needs a purge.  If the owners do not understand it then this team is doomed.  Poor  scouting leads to bad selections.  There is no team identity.  Novice GM who had Several great talents in Pittsburgh that made him look good.  Botterill cannot trade his way out of this.  He and Murray made some bad trades and the Farm system is lean.   Focus on the drafting quality talent and sign a few short term free agents.  Hire a coach that does not accept pathetic effort or a losing attitude,  I am a fan since day one but this team is unwatchable and getting to be unlikable. 

Man. I hate to agree to this but it is spot on.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure of experienced guys available that could fill the GM role, but there are at least 3 really good experienced coaches available.  The whole FO from the top down needs to be scrapped.  Radical moves must be made to jettison this losing culture including trading some core players.  It is not working.  It can be fixed with some bold moves.

Edited by Gatorman0519

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

I am not sure of experienced guys available that could fill the GM role, but there are at least 3 really good experienced coaches available.  The who FO from the top down needs to be scrapped.  Radical moves must be made to jettison this losing culture including trading some core players.  It is not working.  It can be fixed with some bold moves.

Rick Dudley is available.  A GM job would be a promotion.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm not pissed, I'm apathetic, which is much worse.  I don't know what to do with this team.

Probably pick a new one. I live in Vegas and moved away from Buffalo back in 89. I Still like the Sabres but this organization has to be one of the worst run franchises. When Vegas got a team didn’t really know what to think but if you lived here and seen what this team did for this city and how this city embraced this team you would be giving up your former team. You don’t even know how many people I play hockey with that we’re fans of other teams but are now hard-core Knights fans. Team practices are open to the public and they draw about 200-350 daily. This team is made up of players that have strong character, hard working and are out in public often. T Mobile arena has an unbelievable energy every game. It’s really amazing to see how much hockey has taken off in Vegas. Now we have our minor league team moving here and they have already over 7,000 season seat deposits since they started taking them 3 weeks ago.i feel bad for Buffalo fans because they deserve so much more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

pay him enough and give him a long contract and it won't matter what you call him. but yes, a big big YES. 

This is your new Sabres identity:

image.png.b9d4a5fe99a3cef375e5620607dcd0d5.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Probably pick a new one. I live in Vegas and moved away from Buffalo back in 89. I Still like the Sabres but this organization has to be one of the worst run franchises. When Vegas got a team didn’t really know what to think but if you lived here and seen what this team did for this city and how this city embraced this team you would be giving up your former team. You don’t even know how many people I play hockey with that we’re fans of other teams but are now hard-core Knights fans. Team practices are open to the public and they draw about 200-350 daily. This team is made up of players that have strong character, hard working and are out in public often. T Mobile arena has an unbelievable energy every game. It’s really amazing to see how much hockey has taken off in Vegas. Now we have our minor league team moving here and they have already over 7,000 season seat deposits since they started taking them 3 weeks ago.i feel bad for Buffalo fans because they deserve so much more.

In my best William Shatner voice:        I. Just. Can't. Do. It.   

The frickin' Sabres will always be my team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

In my best William Shatner voice:        I. Just. Can't. Do. It.   

The frickin' Sabres will always be my team.

Me too...but they are, in the 21st century so far, the most inept and poorly run organization in all of pro sports.  They are the outlier and poster boy of what a losing culture is.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.