GDT 2/29/20 Buffalo at Arizona or Phoenix or whatever they're called this year, 8pm, WGR, MSG.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

This. 

I feel like the organization thinks Cozens and UPL are the immediate/quickest answers to our two biggest issues. 

Which means they're fine with the team sucking for another 2-3 years, at least. This organization is pissing me right the ***** off!!!

The Arizona Coach: 

n February 6, 2006, Tocchet was served with a criminal complaint, accused of financing a nationwide sports gambling ring based in New Jersey in which several current NHL players wagered.[7] "It's not a hockey-related issue, it's a football thing. And at this time I can't comment any further," Tocchet told The Arizona Republic after the Coyotes practiced on February 7, 2006.[8]

On May 8, 2006, attorneys for Tocchet and Gretzky's wife Janet Jones filed notices in New Jersey that they intended to sue the state for $50 million each for defamation. Both Tocchet and Jones claimed to have lost business opportunities in the wake of the state's investigation, which had sullied their reputations.[9]

On August 3, 2006, former New Jersey state trooper James Harney pleaded guilty to conspiracy, promoting gambling, and official misconduct, and promised to help authorities with their case against Tocchet and others. Harney said that he and Tocchet were 50–50 partners in the betting ring.[10]

On May 25, 2007, Tocchet pleaded guilty to conspiracy and promoting gambling. New Jersey Attorney General Anne Milgramannounced on August 17, 2007, that Tocchet had been sentenced to two years probation in exchange for his plea. He could have received up to five years in New Jersey state prison, but there is a presumption against incarceration for first-time offenders who plead guilty to such crimes. [11]

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

The Arizona Coach: 

n February 6, 2006, Tocchet was served with a criminal complaint, accused of financing a nationwide sports gambling ring based in New Jersey in which several current NHL players wagered.[7] "It's not a hockey-related issue, it's a football thing. And at this time I can't comment any further," Tocchet told The Arizona Republic after the Coyotes practiced on February 7, 2006.[8]

On May 8, 2006, attorneys for Tocchet and Gretzky's wife Janet Jones filed notices in New Jersey that they intended to sue the state for $50 million each for defamation. Both Tocchet and Jones claimed to have lost business opportunities in the wake of the state's investigation, which had sullied their reputations.[9]

On August 3, 2006, former New Jersey state trooper James Harney pleaded guilty to conspiracy, promoting gambling, and official misconduct, and promised to help authorities with their case against Tocchet and others. Harney said that he and Tocchet were 50–50 partners in the betting ring.[10]

On May 25, 2007, Tocchet pleaded guilty to conspiracy and promoting gambling. New Jersey Attorney General Anne Milgramannounced on August 17, 2007, that Tocchet had been sentenced to two years probation in exchange for his plea. He could have received up to five years in New Jersey state prison, but there is a presumption against incarceration for first-time offenders who plead guilty to such crimes. [11]

Does anyone not remember that? I remember that quite clearly. It was shocking at the time. Glad he got a second chance to redeem himself.

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Does anyone not remember that? I remember that quite clearly. It was shocking at the time. Glad he got a second chance to redeem himself.

Ohhh, I remember that well. Can't believe the NHL let him back in. Pete Rose prolly wishes he played hockey instead of baseball. He'd be in the HOF.

• Haha (+1) 1

I get Jack is nicked up I truly do, that doesn't mean he should be turning the puck over with his decision making more often than not. Pumped his tires all season long (deservedly), he's playing poor recently. 

This is a game we need him to find a goal in the 3rd here. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.