GDT 2/29/20 Buffalo at Arizona or Phoenix or whatever they're called this year, 8pm, WGR, MSG.

Eleven

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is a chance they could break it honestly.  This team needs 4-5 players and some luck. 

Indeed.  I am honestly starting to wonder if we are ever going to solve the riddle during Eichel's tenure as a Sabre.

Luckily he still has a long way to go, barring a trade demand of course.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was working for the Colorado game, missed it totally. Watched it last night and saw the same ol sabres. 

Chances are I may not see this one tonight, hopefully that means a W. 

This team, just so frustrating 

Stay safe my friend... wear masks and wash hands and dont trust govt reports.. 

14 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Stay safe my friend... wear masks and wash hands and dont trust govt reports.. 

Meh, I've been exposed to enough flu that I'll be a carrier for a decade ?? 

I think sabres hockey makes me more nauseous than all the bugs at work combined. 

Luckily I'll be in Havana soon without any phone reception and some damn sun! The Sabres have made it easier for me to not care about wifi and checking in for the week 

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Spot on.  In actuality if we would of just let Darcy continue we would of been better off.  The last of his picks did some good things.  Mcnabb is a stud.  Armia and Compher are great middle six wingers.  GMTM traded them away, and a ton of draft picks Darcy amassed, with nothing to show for it now.  He did, to his credit, bring in a stud center and winger, and then JBot went on to trade them away for next to nothing.  Same mistake twice within a few years.  Between our drafting, wasting of assets, and horrendous player development, coupled with a carousel of coaches and philosophies, and the buffoonery of horrible cap management and horrible signings...this could be an indefinite state for much longer then we like to imagine as possible.  I honestly believe we are the absolute worst organizationally run team in the league and it's not even close.  The proof is in the 9 year drought which is headed for unprecedented record territory.  It's almost an artform to be this bad.  We are the outlier for extreme ineptitude and some bad luck.  I am not mad at the tank at all.  It could of very much worked out with the right GM overseeing it.

Are we seriously lamenting the loss of Darcy Regier? Mr. “There will be suffering”? The man who signed Ville Leino?

I’ll agree, his successors haven’t shown anything, but missing Darcy is borderline masochistic.

Let’s not forget who started all this.

3 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Are we seriously lamenting the loss of Darcy Regier? Mr. “There will be suffering”? The man who signed Ville Leino?

I’ll agree, his successors haven’t shown anything, but missing Darcy is borderline masochistic.

I’ll miss Darcy right up until the time another GM gets this team into the playoffs consistently.

That’s not necessarily praise of Darcy as much as it is damning everyone who’s follwoed.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

For a reason, so far I've heard 1. To buck up Jack and 2. To convince players to come to Buffalo. I haven't heard any truly compelling reasons why the end to the season matters a'tall.

To make me feel like we’ve made progress this year 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I can think of one.  Because winning always matters, and the fanbase needs to see it again.

And this.

I missed the last two.  Still cruising the Caribbean.  Sad to see us drop them both.  I thought the trades were a decent attempt to upgrade and we lost nothing in the process.  

Lots of what ifs are the story of the season.  Hutton’s play, poor special teams, no 2c or 3c, and simply not enough nhl forwards  - all contributed to this.  

Hey, were are in it until it’s over.  I want them playing hard to the end. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Indeed.  I am honestly starting to wonder if we are ever going to solve the riddle during Eichel's tenure as a Sabre.

Luckily he still has a long way to go, barring a trade demand of course.

He’s in a city that loves him. As a competitor I wouldn’t doubt he looks at the situation as a challenge like splitting the d. He doesn’t mail games in and tries to maybe do too much at times. I don’t think he wants to leave but wants to be what gets things going. Now when he’s in his late 30s and hasn’t won the cup with Buffalo then yes he will want a trade. 

49 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Most masks don't help prevent anything when you are healthy.   If you feel sick the mask might help prevent you from spreading it though.

Don't take this as singling you out since this is the first response I came across about the topic while cruising the comments but I think maybe we should have a Coronavirus thread active again.  We're all still talking about it.  I think it's important now that it's made landfall here. 

2 hours ago, Kristian said:

I’m not saying that.  What I’m saying is he was probably better than the latest two.  

11 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Don't take this as singling you out since this is the first response I came across about the topic while cruising the comments but I think maybe we should have a Coronavirus thread active again.  We're all still talking about it.  I think it's important now that it's made landfall here. 

People simply can’t talk about that without mixing in political jabs. Maybe you can start a thread about the virus in the political thread. That way when it inevitably becomes an echo chamber of political jabs, it won’t be closed down ??

now onto the topic of this thread ... I hope Skinner gets going. Especially with Eichel playing at less than 100%. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

For a reason, so far I've heard 1. To buck up Jack and 2. To convince players to come to Buffalo. I haven't heard any truly compelling reasons why the end to the season matters a'tall.

As a positive indicator of the quality of the team? I don’t buy the argument the games aren’t representative of who we are. 

Finishing with 90 points would lead me to have more hope for next year than finishing with 80. It matters - it’s indicative. 

Further to that, I’m still watching for Jack. It’s an entertainment product. Jack’s career statistical year has been the only thing worth gobbling up this year. Aside from him and Dahlin there hasn’t been much of anything else at all worth tuning in for. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

People simply can’t talk about that without mixing in political jabs. Maybe you can start a thread about the virus in the political thread. That way when it inevitably becomes an echo chamber of political jabs, it won’t be closed down ??

now onto the topic of this thread ... I hope Skinner gets going. Especially with Eichel playing at less than 100%. 

You mean if a mod didn't overreact? That's reason it was shut down. 

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

As a positive indicator of the quality of the team? I don’t buy the argument the games aren’t representative of who we are. 

Finishing with 90 points would lead me to have more hope for next year than finishing with 80. It matters - it’s indicative. 

Further to that, I’m still watching for Jack. It’s an entertainment product. Jack’s career statistical year has been the only thing worth gobbling up this year. Aside from him and Dahlin there hasn’t been much of anything else at all worth tuning in for. 

Considering 50% of this team won't be here, I don't honestly think finishing with 90 means a lot. Still I hope they continue to play well. The last few games they have looked like a hockey team for the first time in a decade. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Considering 50% of this team won't be here, I don't honestly think finishing with 90 means a lot. Still I hope they continue to play well. The last few games they have looked like a hockey team for the first time in a decade. 

I just don't think that's going to be the case. 

Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Skinner, Johansson, Okposo will all be back. That's already half our 12 starting forwards, and the most important pieces that are making up the lion's share of why we are what we are, too. 

I expect we sign Kahun. Larsson and Girgensons SHOULD be back. That's 9 guys, 75% of the forwards. 

So say we ditch Vesey, Lazar, and Simmonds. Hopefully we are bringing in a legit 2C, but 2 of those 3 are probably replaced by roughly equal players. 

The D is gonna be basically the same, hopefully we finally move one big piece (Risto, Montour?) for a forward piece. 

Goaltending will likely look the same, though I hope Botterill brings someone else in. 

- - - 

The majority of the roster is going to be what we saw this year. We need to hope that the additions we DO make are SUBSTANTIAL so as to make a notable difference. 

It's funny, the offseason is really, again, about ONE thing. Do we find a 2C or not. If we don't next year is sunk. If we don't, I don't understand why Botterill has a job. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

There's a perfectly good coronavirus thread over at PPP that has generally stuck to the subject and has not blamed Darcy for starting the virus. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.