Rumor: About Botterill’s Future Being in Doubt

Brawndo

So...if the season is over, the Sabres will have put up 68 pts in 69 games, which projects to 80.8 pts over 82 games.

That's an improvement of either 2 or 3 pts over GMTM's final season.

Not good enough IMHO to bring back JB, but I wouldn't be stunned if TP decides to keep him on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So...if the season is over, the Sabres will have put up 68 pts in 69 games, which projects to 80.8 pts over 82 games.

Not good enough IMHO to bring back JB, but I wouldn't be stunned if TP decides to keep him on.

I've seen enough.  Move on.

• Like (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

And that's only because the postponement allows them to skip out on their annual March swoon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I agree that the math doesn't favor a retention of Botterill.  But this thing is a lot worse than math! 

The man is pretty much clueless and easily a bottom 3 to 5 GM in the league (and that's being fair).  

If the intent is to always improve and get better, Pegula has to get a new GM.

I agree he may well NOT do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I agree that the math doesn't favor a retention of Botterill.  But this thing is a lot worse than math! 

The man is pretty much clueless and easily a bottom 3 to 5 GM in the league (and that's being fair).  

If the intent is to always improve and get better, Pegula has to get a new GM.

I agree he may well NOT do that.

IMHO, "Fair" is far too generous.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, shrader said:

And that's only because the postponement allows them to skip out on their annual March swoon.

Really expected them to go 8-6 down the stretch with an outside possibility of 10-4.  Getting Ullmark back would've made them competitive nearly every night he'd start.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.