Rumor: About Botterill’s Future Being in Doubt

Brawndo

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam really does live rent free in your head. I didn't even mention him and you're trying to put words in my mouth. We all get it, you want Reinhart gone and don't like him. We get it. 

Or maybe this is a thread about the gm and ppl are tired and annoyed at you trying to turn it into another Reinhart sucks bitch fest because he's not as good as Draisaitl?

No one thinks he's as good as Draisaitl. No one. Reinhart isn't a star player. He's a very good player. 

Now, can we talk about how the gm has failed to build a team?

He doesn’t live rent free. He gets slammed down our throats anytime he gets criticized. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

They're a few pieces away, but I'm not sure I trust him to fill those holes.    Get rid of him, fine.  But don't go and blow it all up in the process. 

Agree. Not that far away but my trust in Botteril is fading.

I think the stat @Claude Balls posted is telling, although not really because of trade deadline-related issues.  IMHO, it's telling because it shows that, in each year that JB has been here, the Sabres have been out of it by the trade deadline and have run for the bus thereafter.

The results speak for themselves.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, nfreeman said:

I think the stat @Claude Balls posted is telling, although not really because of trade deadline-related issues.  IMHO, it's telling because it shows that, in each year that JB has been here, the Sabres have been out of it by the trade deadline and have run for the bus thereafter.

The results speak for themselves.

Yep. A team that just had their season end versus teams that are ramping it up for playoff races, the results will not be pretty.

i think they'll swoon a little while longer and then rebound back to "normal" for a bit at the end

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Actually, if you check the game threads back then I said at the time Sam surprised me and words similar to - maybe he's finally stepping it up and becoming who we hoped he'd be, but that idea faded fast. It was just a small blip in the big picture. I praise anybody who earns it. 

See you bypassed the Draisaitl comparison pi2000 made. When McDavid was out of the lineup he stepped it up and carried them. Now Jack is semi injured or slumping or tired (whatever it is) and Sam has not stepped it up to carry us. That's the difference, that's why we won't win with him as a core piece. 

Sam is not as good as this year’s likely Hart Trophy winner? Why would I debate or even discuss something so obvious?

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

He doesn’t live rent free. He gets slammed down our throats anytime he gets criticized. 

I don’t see anyone debating “Sam wasn’t good enough on this road trip.” He wasn’t.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife just told me that being a Sabres fan ages you faster than being the president.  I got a good laugh out of that until I looked in the mirror.

Edited by Tondas
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam really does live rent free in your head. I didn't even mention him and you're trying to put words in my mouth. We all get it, you want Reinhart gone and don't like him. We get it. 

Or maybe this is a thread about the gm and ppl are tired and annoyed at you trying to turn it into another Reinhart sucks bitch fest because he's not as good as Draisaitl?

No one thinks he's as good as Draisaitl. No one. Reinhart isn't a star player. He's a very good player. 

Now, can we talk about how the gm has failed to build a team?

Yes. Exactly. and one of those failures is getting rid of the wrong people and not bringing in the right people. Reinhart should have been traded instead of ROR. ROR should have been named captain right away and Jack's tandem buddy should have been shipped out of town to change the fat cat lazy culture. 

and then he doubles down by bringing in another diva named Skinner. JBot has totally screwed us for the future. 

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Someone refresh my memory:

Is this not about the time and the way we started hearing that Murray’s days were numbered.

I remember Jeremy White tweeting a day of reckoning is coming for the organization about 48-72 hours before it happened 

Gotta wonder how Kruger feels about this

Just now, darksabre said:

Man, I don't know if firing Botterill is the right idea, but I don't know if it's the wrong idea either. I'm firmly on the fence. 

I think if Krueger wasn't the coach I'd be off the fence. But I like Krueger. 

Agreed

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man, I don't know if firing Botterill is the right idea, but I don't know if it's the wrong idea either. I'm firmly on the fence. 

Keeping the GM because you like the coach is like keeping a car without an engine because it has a comfy seat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, tom webster said:

So, out of their nine top scoring forwards, six are first round picks, one(Toffoli) is a second round pick acquired in a trade and one is a fifth round “diamond in the rough.” I would argue that the only difference is that they traded for JT Miller and Buffalo didn’t.

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm appalled by his below average power play and bottom-dwelling penalty kill coaching.  I'll take a Gallant or Laviolette please.

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Very interesting.  I honestly thought that Botterill would be safe because he had sold Pegula on a slow rebuild.  Obviously that is just a feeling that I’ve had.  We’ll see how this unfolds.

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I eagerly await everyone who said "Botterill is totally safe because he sold the Pegulas on a 5 year plan" spinning this. It'll be fun. 

I’m one of those people.  I’ve got no spin.  I thought Botterill would probably be safe, maybe that’s not the case.  We’ll see.  I’m not much of a Botterill apologists.  I liked his overall stated plan when he came on, but the execution has certainly been mixed and the results haven’t been good.  

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:
On 3/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, tom webster said:

So, out of their nine top scoring forwards, six are first round picks, one(Toffoli) is a second round pick acquired in a trade and one is a fifth round “diamond in the rough.” I would argue that the only difference is that they traded for JT Miller and Buffalo didn’t.

Not sure how or why I quoted the above post. It was a thumb move. Very very thumb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.