Rumor: About Botterill’s Future Being in Doubt

Brawndo

38 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, if it is not happening, is there word of an actual plan to actually bring in a center to help kick start our 9 million dollar boy Skinner and a right wing to either push Reinhart down a line or put with aforementioned center and Skinner?

yes... my source.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I don't know people, maybe all Botterill needs is better pro scouting department?

I've questioned our scouting for ages, but he did change a lot of them didn't he? 

I sometimes wonder why Don Luce works in Toronto and not Buffalo (among others). 

As for JBot, despite "sources" I suspect nothing is written in stone yet. If we somehow make the playoffs he won't be fired, we will be told see, "trust in the process."  If we crash and burn down the stretch things might be different. The pace of season ticket sales might be the great decider. 

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I've questioned our scouting for ages, but he did change a lot of them didn't he? 

I sometimes wonder why Don Luce works in Toronto and not Buffalo (among others). 

As for JBot, despite "sources" I suspect nothing is written in stone yet. If we somehow make the playoffs he won't be fired, we will be told see, "trust in the process."  If we crash and burn down the stretch things might be different. The pace of season ticket sales might be the great decider. 

Luce did work for Buffalo but was fired....he's a good personnel guy

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The STH’s aren’t going to (to any large degree) drop their plans. Fantasy land to think they will. Good grief.... 

I bet 10-15% do, and those 10-15% will quickly and gladly get snatched up by new STHers. 

I'm waiting in the shadows ? .

Hey, I'm a mystacist, what can I say, other than "Yes please, may I have another."

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Brawndo, I'd change Rumor to Opinion. It's not really a rumor of anything.

According to many here, any words coming out of anyone's pie hole count as a rumor so we get thread of 47 aholes coveting every other teams best young cost controlled players, while the Sabres are only giving up their worst assets.  

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

According to many here, any words coming out of anyone's pie hole count as a rumor so we get thread of 47 aholes coveting every other teams best young cost controlled players, while the Sabres are only giving up their worst assets.  

I hear there’s talk of Pastrnak for Botterill.

38 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The STH’s aren’t going to (to any large degree) drop their plans. Fantasy land to think they will. Good grief.... 

I bet 10-15% do, and those 10-15% will quickly and gladly get snatched up by new STHers. 

The fantasy land is the idea that there are thousands of people waiting to buy ST's for this team. Unless you are blind you can see the thousands of empty seats at most games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.