GDT: 2/28/20 Sabres @ Golden Knights 10pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not entirely. Kahun  could have moved in and kept Roy from circling back in towards the goal but he chose to just stand out front instead.

This sort of thing has been a problem long before he got here. Many of our forwards simply do not cover for D men caught out of position. It's bad team D. You watch any good defensive team (like Boston) and 9 times out of 10 their forwards cover for their D if they get caught. We're better than we used to be, but we still play poor team D.  

I agree on the defensive play. God it’s disappointing that it’s the same ***** year in and year out with this team. I think they need someone up top to change this culture of losing. I don’t think Jason Botterill is the guy that’s gonna steer this ship in the right path. Skinners a complete waste of a player without having a great center to play with.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not entirely. Kahun  could have moved in and kept Roy from circling back in towards the goal but he chose to just stand out front instead.

This sort of thing has been a problem long before he got here. Many of our forwards simply do not cover for D men caught out of position. It's bad team D. You watch any good defensive team (like Boston) and 9 times out of 10 their forwards cover for their D if they get caught. We're better than we used to be, but we still play poor team D.  

Kahun was not on the ice for the goal.  He was part of the bad change and had just headed off as Vegas rushed into the Sabres zone. I think you are confusing him with someone else.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I agree, it won’t be easy. Get a reliable backup goalie should be the starting point
BUT if they can fill that need , next sept will be the first sept in 7 years that I will be optimistic that they will make the playoffs. 

I’m probably in the minority here but I’ve been very impressed with them the last month and a half or so.    

If they continue to play this well, I think they will win  11 or 12 of the last 18.    Still not good enough to make the playoffs but a step in the right direction 

we need a starting goalie

• Like (+1) 3

Missed the game last night but just watched the highlights.  On the Knights goals, Hutts looked horrendous.  The Vesey forecheck, MoJo pass and goal by Kahun was sweet.

Time to hit the links.

Maybe next year.

go Sabres

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I guess long-term I'm a bit disappointed in what Pysyk has become. But McNabb was potential 2nd pairing and easily the best player in the trade. Fasching was a 3/4W (maybe a 2W in a perfect light-bulb world) and DLo plays his role well, but is a 4W). And we gave LA back their 2 seconds. And throwaway AHL Parker. Instead we needed to cycle in low-tier D-men like Meszaros to hit the cap floor, then... yeah. That one was a doozy.

If I was a GM I was make it a core principle that if I had an above average D-man in my system, he would stay in the system. They are just too valuable. Getting Joki was a steal. Chicago will regret trading him. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If I was a GM I was make it a core principle that if I had an above average D-man in my system, he would stay in the system. They are just too valuable. Getting Joki was a steal. Chicago will regret trading him. 

I think botterill has this principle and it is a redeeming quality of his. The problem is he seems to have forgotten about building the rest of the team. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Eichel looks like he's battling an upper body or back injury, I'd bet on back spasms.   I had trouble with the same in college, can be debilitating especially on faceoffs.

Overall I liked their game, Vegas is just a buzzsaw right now.   Too bad they couldn't bring this effort a month ago.

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just got done explaining to my dad that this was happening, and why Jack was so off. Then Jack goes and takes two draws. He thinks I just make stuff up 

Sorry about that.

Pretty sure Eichel got ticked and said f' it after Olofsson got destroyed on the faceoff stepping in after Reinhart got kicked out.  He had some velocity on the puck on that 1st faceoff he took.

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.