GDT: 2/28/20 Sabres @ Golden Knights 10pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

35 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Interesting, I thought it was the opposite since I feel like players are always sliding the sticks back to their goalies. 

IIHF is the opposite.  If a player holds 2 sticks at the same time that is a penalty. So, the players will slide the stick back to the goalie in the international games.

• Like (+1) 1

So tired of seeing montour center of blue line offensive zone with a clear lane to the net where we have players so he fires it to the half wall into a crowd of vegas players away from the net. 

Dahlin on the left blueline offensive zone miller calling for the puck cause he of course has a clear lane to the net Dahlin ignores him and fires it into you guessed it a crowd of vegas players on the half wall. Friggin miles from the net. Turnover.

either its true that Ralph has preached more quality shots over quantity or these guys are braindead. Get the puck to the damn net. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Pysyk and McNabb would of been nice ...we have made so many dumb trades it's unbelievable 

I would rather see them keep their prospects.  The history of trades in this past decade are good indication on why they are not a play off contender.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

***** him. He didn't give a ***** about anyone else when he was doing his thing. If he can't take it now then ***** him.

Addicts are selfish turds.

Anytime anyone on here attacks one of our players, coaches, GM, owner, that mob named guy we used to be obsessed with, Brad Park, or any rival player, I’m going to employ the “he’s a real person with a real life” response. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

So tired of seeing montour center of blue line offensive zone with a clear lane to the net where we have players so he fires it to the half wall into a crowd of vegas players away from the net. 

Dahlin on the left blueline offensive zone miller calling for the puck cause he of course has a clear lane to the net Dahlin ignores him and fires it into you guessed it a crowd of vegas players on the half wall. Friggin miles from the net. Turnover.

either its true that Ralph has preached more quality shots over quantity or these guys are braindead. Get the puck to the damn net. 

They consistently show a lack of hockey smarts.  This is over several seasons.  

28 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Eichel took a face-off there. Skinner on his wing again. 

Almost positive those 2 he took late there were the 1st 2 he's taken since the maintenance day.  He definitely didn't take any against the Pens nor Jets.  Don't recall him taking any against the Avs either.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The problem is finding those players.  And we have only seen this battle the past month.  For the most part it’s been pathetic.  

I agree, it won’t be easy. Get a reliable backup goalie should be the starting point. 
BUT if they can fill that need , next sept will be the first sept in 7 years that I will be optimistic that they will make the playoffs. 

I’m probably in the minority here but I’ve been very impressed with them the last month and a half or so.    

If they continue to play this well, I think they will win  11 or 12 of the last 18.    Still not good enough to make the playoffs but a step in the right direction 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

Silver lining:  Dahlin looked really good today and I think he has shown a great amount of growth since early this season.

His offence is really coming along and I love the way he seems to want the puck when the game is on the line.

He followed his man into the corner leaving a man open in prime space in the slot on goal one. Not his fault, per se, but the wrong decision.

He was shoulder to shoulder with the puck carrier multiple times on goal two and couldn’t separate him from the puck. Right idea, poor execution.

He made a real weak stick check effort at the blue line on goal four when all he needed to do was lean on his man to stop him from getting a shot on the empty net.

Three Vegas goals that better play from him might have prevented.

Edited by dudacek

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Pysyk and McNabb would of been nice ...we have made so many dumb trades it's unbelievable 

I guess long-term I'm a bit disappointed in what Pysyk has become. But McNabb was potential 2nd pairing and easily the best player in the trade. Fasching was a 3/4W (maybe a 2W in a perfect light-bulb world) and DLo plays his role well, but is a 4W). And we gave LA back their 2 seconds. And throwaway AHL Parker. Instead we needed to cycle in low-tier D-men like Meszaros to hit the cap floor, then... yeah. That one was a doozy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Anytime anyone on here attacks one of our players, coaches, GM, owner, that mob named guy we used to be obsessed with, Brad Park, or any rival player, I’m going to employ the “he’s a real person with a real life” response. 

Say what you want about anyone as a hockey player, but have some decency about other people’s lives.

I don’t know if people just haven’t ever gone through tough times themselves, or seen people close to them go through stuff, but there is a major lack of empathy in some of these comments.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's ride J.J. in net for the rest of the season.  Why not?  We know what we have in Hutton and Linus.

I'm just really pissed.  This is the end of another lost season.  And I ain't getting any younger.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

***** him. He didn't give a ***** about anyone else when he was doing his thing. If he can't take it now then ***** him.

Addicts are selfish turds.

I picture Major Payne saying this. Addicts are selfish because its what the problem turns them into. Doesn’t excuse their actions though. Then again maybe their selfishness led them to where they are at.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jack is -6 since his point streak ended 2 months ago, Reinhart -10, Olofsson -8 (in 12 games!). 

Change it up, Ralph. 

Reinhart - 14 ES points in 27 games

Eichel - 16 ES points in 27 games

Top line definitely not getting it done in the big games that's for sure. Jack might be playing hurt, he might be tired out from over use, other teams might be paying more attention to them as we play tighter harder games, maybe a combination of all 3 but they certainly don't dominate like they have to for us to be successful.

"meaningful games" heading to meaningless pretty soon at this rate. Defense out to lunch on their first goal, Hutton out to lunch on their third. Not good enough.

We learned that Kahun can score, but he can't defend. Maybe that's why Sullivan didn't like him. 

Skinner did score that late one but he is such a selfish and individualistic player I'm really starting to dislike him. Couple times at least I noticed he had Simmonds wide open and he just telegraphed easy shots at the goal. Guy seems to have zero awareness of his linemates or just can't be bothered. Maybe that worked when every defender was focused on Jack, but not when they are looking at him first. Learn to pass buddy, learn to pass.

I dunno, we were ok for 2 periods but we should have been better, more desperate, in the third. Just not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Say what you want about anyone as a hockey player, but have some decency about other people’s lives.

I don’t know if people just haven’t ever gone through tough times themselves, or seen people close to them go through stuff, but there is a major lack of empathy in some of these comments.

This is why I’m going to defend any person who gets verbally attacked in a comment. 

Were all humans with lives, right?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I feel bad for Jack.  Rasmus is still young.  Everyone else, whatever.

It’s only a matter of time before he wants out. But I’m gonna say this he can be much more of a factor if he skated hard every shift . He coasts around a lot. 

Buffalo needs to hire a better defensive coach. Too many times people left wide open.

Plus nothing for nothing Knights didn’t look there normal selves tonight. They usually have a heavy forecheck going and they bottle teams up trying to get speed.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.