GDT: 2/28/20 Sabres @ Golden Knights 10pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

The Dahlin/Miller pairing is playing better together each game.  Why are they not getting a chance to play as top pair? Does Kruger believe there is some other advantage of playing Dahlin against lower lines? I have no idea, but agreed a chance should be provided to another pairing. 

Maturity and confidence.

Dahlin is 19, let him mature and get his confidence.

He's good enough obviously to be in the NHL but a good coach should also know how to bring him along and know his limitations. When he's 22-23 and not playing all facets of the game then I'll be upset/worried.

I'm also not saying he shouldn't play on the PK now. But if Krueger believes that it's to much to ask of him I will respect that decision.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabre fan said:

Frolic sitting...that sure was a bad trade...to think Montreal got so much more for Scandella. Should be interesting night though facing RL and with Kahun making his debut. anyone know if he is playing center?

plus Frolik has a huge cap number.  How is Botteril still the GM?

That's actually kind of a neat analogy. 

Candles and lanterns and whatnot, helping you read when the night comes. Electricity makes it a little bit easier to do so. Neither is an absolute solution for the lack of sunlight at night time, but the upgrade from candle light to our light bulbs is helpful

Sometimes we do need to take a bit of a step back - if we, as Sabres fans, only watched Sabres hockey, and didn't have access to the internet, I guarantee you we wouldn't notice that we are the worst scoring chance generating team in the NHL. We just wouldn't know enough to have grounds for that claim. Stats of all kind help us ground our own assessments of our teams and players to some baseline, which we need unless we are capable of watching and remembering a vast majority of the games played by all NHL teams 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I want and go into games expecting my team to win. I think that unless they put together another stretch of something like 7-1-2 or something that playoffs are highly unlikely. 

7-1-2 and then 7-1-2 again, and then it's *maybe*.

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's actually kind of a neat analogy. 

Candles and lanterns and whatnot, helping you read when the night comes. Electricity makes it a little bit easier to do so. Neither is an absolute solution for the lack of sunlight at night time, but the upgrade from candle light to our light bulbs is helpful

Sometimes we do need to take a bit of a step back - if we, as Sabres fans, only watched Sabres hockey, and didn't have access to the internet, I guarantee you we wouldn't notice that we are the worst scoring chance generating team in the NHL. We just wouldn't know enough to have grounds for that claim. Stats of all kind help us ground our own assessments of our teams and players to some baseline, which we need unless we are capable of watching and remembering a vast majority of the games played by all NHL teams 

I'm there were people that lamented watching game film. "In my day, we sent people to the games. There's no way you can understand a team watching film."

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Vegas is riding high with a 7 game win streak. Unfortunately I think Sabres get caved in tonight. And there will be jokes galore about Vegas/partying/drinking/out late etc... the usual fresh jokes. ?

5 - 2

Kahun, Skinner, or Risto with a goal.

Agree with this.   

Saw Vegas in person Sunday night and they were absolutely flying, what a fun team to watch, best game I've seen all year.

Sabres at their best will not even be in this one, unless Vegas lays an egg.     Hutton will be tested... will he pass the test?   Who knows, but I think there's a good chance we JJ  at some point during this tilt.

35 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Hey at least you can read it on your device. We used to have to send letters to each other, or I'd have to take my horse and come find you. Crazy how things progress.

You overstate progress.

One of the dangerous things about the story of progress is that we don’t think it’s a story. We think it’s the truth.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.