GDT: 2/28/20 Sabres @ Golden Knights 10pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Good chance we see Robin Lehner tonight. Kahun will probably also play for Buffalo. 

Montour Risto pairing is very bad. 

Crusade much? That chart doesn’t even show what you are saying. Against one of the best teams in the league, they allowed zero goals against 5v5, and one on the PP where they weren’t even a pairing.

• Like (+1) 3

I just want to see the passion they played with last game. Disappointing result, great game though. 

As for Risto, for someone who isn't an analytics guy, please tell me how every head coach we've had has this guy playing the most TOI every year if he's so terrible, including this year. Oh God, I'm going to help infect this thread with this crap also. 

Back to the game. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2

Fckn Stats, every single thread turns into analytics.... Play better than the other team, that's the stat that matters. 

10 points back with 2 games in hand against a playoff team tonight. This game is just as must win as the To game a few weeks ago. Playoffs are slim, but if we make up those 2 games in hand, I bet we'll see SS get all excited again. 

We need SS excited again 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Fckn Stats, every single thread turns into analytics.... Play better than the other team, that's the stat that matters. 

10 points back with 2 games in hand against a playoff team tonight. This game is just as must win as the To game a few weeks ago. Playoffs are slim, but if we make up those 2 games in hand, I bet we'll see SS get all excited again. 

We need SS excited again 

Well, in order to do that you have to get players that can do that. And in order to do that, you should know about which players can indeed do that. 

I actually think the Risto-Montour pairing works relatively well in terms of the eye test. It gets a little scary at times, but for the most part it seems to function okay.

I don't think I like that pairing costing the team ~$10 mil next season though.

This is probably why Pilut is coming up. They want to see if he can fill out one of these pairs and make one of Risto, Montour, McCabe or Miller expendable.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is there any evidence that how you finish one season matters to how the next season begins?

The only thing that might help in terms of this is if the Sabres finish strong and have say 88 points if UFA's are considering the Sabres maybe they think about them more as they will appear to be closer to being a playoff team then if the Sabres tank terribly.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

The only thing that might help in terms of this is if the Sabres finish strong and have say 88 points if UFA's are considering the Sabres maybe they think about them more as they will appear to be closer to being a playoff team then if the Sabres tank terribly.

Yes -- and guys with NTCs.

• Like (+1) 2

hmmm a late Friday night game... I have a stat for that..

100% chance of inebriation by the time this game starts..

Let's Go!

Oh.. and every game is a must win, but it's that way for others too.  I want to see them be competitive, but if they go up against the "hot goalie of the week" each time it might be bad news.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We need SS excited again 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

As the D pairing going up against Colorado’s top line, that makes sense to me.

and just the way Chad words it,... even he’s an arrogant douche.

And as long as they continue to be the top d line against top players they will be bad. We should be trying other players in those roles to see how they perform. 

47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And as long as they continue to be the top d line against top players they will be bad. We should be trying other players in those roles to see how they perform. 

The Dahlin/Miller pairing is playing better together each game.  Why are they not getting a chance to play as top pair? Does Kruger believe there is some other advantage of playing Dahlin against lower lines? I have no idea, but agreed a chance should be provided to another pairing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.