Sabres raising STH prices for 20-21

LabattBlue

Anywho, it's great they listened to the fans, who were obviously clamoring for higher prices. Kevyn thinks the fans in the shoot twice end will understand why prices there are going up. I kind of doubt that. Why is it suddenly worth more to sit there?

There was talk of Fan Experience beyond the on-ice product. Is this really a thing? I must be a weirdo. I walk in, get to my seat at least 45 minutes before faceoff, stare at the ice, watch the game, never leave my seat, then walk out. What more is there? Have we become mental midgets who need whoops and boops and bells and whistles? There was no fan experience at the Aud beyond watching the game, although I did enjoy checking the outside temperature. Times have changed.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Anywho, it's great they listened to the fans, who were obviously clamoring for higher prices. Kevyn thinks the fans in the shoot twice end will understand why prices there are going up. I kind of doubt that. Why is it suddenly worth more to sit there?

There was talk of Fan Experience beyond the on-ice product. Is this really a thing? I must be a weirdo. I walk in, get to my seat at least 45 minutes before faceoff, stare at the ice, watch the game, never leave my seat, then walk out. What more is there? Have we become mental midgets who need whoops and boops and bells and whistles? There was no fan experience at the Aud beyond watching the game, although I did enjoy checking the outside temperature. Times have changed.

The only change I really would like is better food and more beer options. I was blown away by the offerings when I saw a game in Anaheim a few years ago. It made the whole experience better to know I was getting my money's worth from the concessions. I don't feel that way about KBC's offerings.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The only change I really would like is better food and more beer options. I was blown away by the offerings when I saw a game in Anaheim a few years ago. It made the whole experience better to know I was getting my money's worth from the concessions. I don't feel that way about KBC's offerings.

One of my biggest gripes about what they’ve done to the Amerks experience. There has evidently been enough bitching that they actually sell Cream Ale now...in the city that brews it....finally....

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

One of my biggest gripes about what they’ve done to the Amerks experience. There has evidently been enough bitching that they actually sell Cream Ale now...in the city that brews it....finally....

Amerks games used to be really good for concessions. I'm sorry to hear that it changed.

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Amerks games used to be really good for concessions. I'm sorry to hear that it changed.

I used to bring my gluten free niece and nephew to games. Between the gluten free stand and the taco stand I could feed them a decent dinner. Now their Mom won’t let them go because, well, who is going to let their kid have popcorn for dinner? If we lived in the city it wouldn’t be an issue as I could take them to dinner first but us country folk coming in for the game are limited by the commute time. My wife even has been staying away because it so friggin cold in there. I’m told that is a rule implemented by the A to keep the ice yada yada. No one believes them. I watch a lot of games alone now(try giving away free Amerks tickets and see what hard work it is)and they wonder why I’m on the fence with renewing. They don’t really care though because I’m also told season sales are just fine. “We’ll have no trouble selling your seat.”.....ok then....

29 minutes ago, Ogre said:

“We’ll have no trouble selling your seat.”.....ok then....

Anyone working for PSE that says anything like this should be fired immediately.  I've had seasons.  I go to games all the time. For an arena that houses 11,000 seats, they are lucky they put 2k in there on a weekday.  They should be sucking season ticket holder's *****, literally.  It's almost as if the people in charge are trying to lose customers.  They've made everything about the game day experience worse and are charging more for your pleasure.  

If it wasn't one of the few things I take pleasure in with my free time, I'd never consider going. Certainly not going to get season tickets under the current management. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I had last row Reds in the Aud behind the net where Sabres defended twice. They were just fine

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

Anyone working for PSE that says anything like this should be fired immediately.

I’m on the isle upper section front row. Tons of legs room and a parapet wall to hold food/drink/game notes. It’s tough to find this perfect combo that’s available. The last game there was a tag on the seat behind me declaring that seat available for seasons. I have no doubt they are offering up mine as potentially being available when folks inquire.  If it wasn’t so difficult to get this type of seat I’d walk away for a few years. We’ll see what my disposition is after my rotator cuff surgery on Wednesday. I may just tell them to stick it up their ass. Or. I may be docile and conciliatory by then. We never know until we get there.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How do people in business learn to talk like this:

‘”It’s important to start with the fact the whole building was rescaled and when we got advice from the National Hockey League and looked at markets across the league, best practices, we internally made the decision to use our analytic department to speak to us and give us the data back..."

It's how business works, so that's how you talk.  When you listen to analytics people on here talk it's the same kind of jargon, but focused in their area.  The same holds true for physics, engineers, etc.  Doctors talk about all kinds of stuff in ways no one understands.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Poli Sci classes.

I'll disagree here.  I was a Poli Sci major in college and have an MBA.  I definitely did not learn the speak from my Poli Sci era.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The question isn't why is it suddenly worth more, it's that it was always worth more and why weren't they charging for it?  This is pure business and pricing theory.  Granted all people see is "price is going up" and I don't blame them.  However, if they raise the prices and people buy the tickets they are vindicated.

And yes.. society needs all kinds of whoops and boops because the next generation is being trained to have a much shorter attention span and learning to be inundated with information from a variety of sources at the same time.  You have to tailor the experience for them or they will find it boring.  Those of us who grew up before each news station was a collection of scroll bars with information will have a hard time grasping it.  Kids though, they are on their phones with 150 notifications per second, watching 6 second clips of 35 different things.. continually jumping from one thing to the next.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I used to bring my gluten free niece and nephew to games. Between the gluten free stand and the taco stand I could feed them a decent dinner. Now their Mom won’t let them go because, well, who is going to let their kid have popcorn for dinner? If we lived in the city it wouldn’t be an issue as I could take them to dinner first but us country folk coming in for the game are limited by the commute time. My wife even has been staying away because it so friggin cold in there. I’m told that is a rule implemented by the A to keep the ice yada yada. No one believes them. I watch a lot of games alone now(try giving away free Amerks tickets and see what hard work it is)and they wonder why I’m on the fence with renewing. They don’t really care though because I’m also told season sales are just fine. “We’ll have no trouble selling your seat.”.....ok then....

Sounds like they looked at the food and decided profit margins and quick sales were better. 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How do people in business learn to talk like this:

‘”It’s important to start with the fact the whole building was rescaled and when we got advice from the National Hockey League and looked at markets across the league, best practices, we internally made the decision to use our analytic department to speak to us and give us the data back..."

Get ready for a lot of Kevin.

Terry likes the cut of his jib.

(***** Hurricane.)

49 minutes ago, LTS said:

And yes.. society needs all kinds of whoops and boops because the next generation is being trained to have a much shorter attention span and learning to be inundated with information from a variety of sources at the same time.  You have to tailor the experience for them or they will find it boring.  Those of us who grew up before each news station was a collection of scroll bars with information will have a hard time grasping it.  Kids though, they are on their phones with 150 notifications per second, watching 6 second clips of 35 different things.. continually jumping from one thing to the next.

I suppose you're right. Chet and Muffy's kids are old enough now to attend. I know they have a boy and a girl, but I'll be damned if can remember their names. Anyone?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Kevyn Adams is on WGR 550 trying to explain this. Nothing like some good old fashioned spin. "Hey we have been trash for a decade and there really is no end in sight but this will help us do things and stuff and revenue sharing, you know business stuff and things, look if Chewbacca a 7ft tall wookie lives on Endor that does not makes sense... look at the monkey." 

They claim they are putting together a focus group of fans. Will listen to them before next season starts. They are also going to have season ticket reps so you will talk to the same person. Claim they are looking at what worked and what didn't work with the 50th events and specifically mentioned bringing in past players as very good. Wants to give fans more behind the scenes experiences, mentioned rope line. 

Secondary market, how do you keep season ticket holders from selling? They said they pay attention to the market and look at it. The league also looks at it and discusses it. Buffalo has to run their core business to be sustainable, we don't react that the secondary market changes the way they view their core business. 

"Fans, we are going to help them with this re-scale. There will be a price point for everyone." 

Single tickets will have a different pricing structure as well but they have not finalized it. 

How do you keep fans from selling their tickets?  Easy.  Make them want to go to the games by putting a good product on ice that makes the playoffs for once in the last 10 years.  JFC, had to endure the longest playoff drought in the NFL with the Bills and now having to endure the longest playoff drought in the NHL with the Sabres...WTF!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.