GDT 2/26/20 Sabres at Colorado 8pm ET, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

At the NHL level, I'm not sure "first stop is on the goalie, etc." works.  He's the worst I've seen in a long time with rebounds.  

I'm definitely not going to argue that he is good at rebounds. He isn't, agreed, big time. I'm not sure he's all that much worse than most back up goalies though. Cause that's what he is, a back up, not a starter. That's what he's always been and to think he'd be a good starter here was silly if that's what JBot actually thought. 

Remember too that Lehner was heavily critiqued here in Buffalo for letting rebounds go and then he went to NYI, a team that was good with clearing rebounds for their goalies, and he put up great numbers. Now yes, there are additional getting his head on straight issues in that case, but the rebound issue here was in part on the D same as it is now. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm definitely not going to argue that he is good at rebounds. He isn't, agreed, big time. I'm not sure he's all that much worse than most back up goalies though. Cause that's what he is, a back up, not a starter. That's what he's always been and to think he'd be a good starter here was silly if that's what JBot actually thought. 

Remember too that Lehner was heavily critiqued here in Buffalo for letting rebounds go and then he went to NYI, a team that was good with clearing rebounds for their goalies, and he put up great numbers. Now yes, there are additional getting his head on straight issues in that case, but the rebound issue here was in part on the D same as it is now. 

Did you notice last night that he wasn't giving up the juicy rebounds?  He's gotten better.  Vegas didn't have to do a lot for him.

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

Did you notice last night that he wasn't giving up the juicy rebounds?  He's gotten better.  Vegas didn't have to do a lot for him.

winning builds confidence. sometimes for goalies, when you start to feel the D has things covered (his time in NY) you regain confidence and start working on your weaknesses and such, you just get better. Where he was (here) he had to do too much and over thought and it all falls apart quickly.

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

winning builds confidence. sometimes for goalies, when you start to feel the D has things covered (his time in NY) you regain confidence and start working on your weaknesses and such, you just get better. Where he was (here) he had to do too much and over thought and it all falls apart quickly.

Or he's got his alcoholism under control. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.