GDT 2/26/20 Sabres at Colorado 8pm ET, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Well, that's probably because eichel and Sam don't play with anyone else. 

This is BS when they say it about Sam, and it is BS now.

Victor got those chances because he knows how to read the game and find the holes.

Thought the game better tonight than Vesey has in every shift he’s had with Jack combined.

He hit the freaking post, got robbed and just missed to the outside.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Don’t get the VO hate tonight.

Didnt see anybody else getting those kind of chances. 

He's 1 goal away from a $212k bonus.  Once he finally gets #20 and stops gripping the stick too tight, he'll be well on his way to nearly 30.  Would be much more upset with him if he wasn't getting chances or if he was one of the guys that lost his man on the 3rd goal.  He is, and he wasn't.  He's fine.  Just needs that next goal.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

F49403E3-0C72-40E6-BD97-582DA71D22C0.jpeg

Eichel hasn't taken a faceoff since his maintenance day.  We going to find out when the season ends that he's been playing with bruised / cracked ribs or a minor shoulder injury?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He's 1 goal away from a $212k bonus.  Once he finally gets #20 and stops gripping the stick too tight, he'll be well on his way to nearly 30.  Would be much more upset with him if he wasn't getting chances or if he was one of the guys that lost his man on the 3rd goal.  He is, and he wasn't.  He's fine.  Just needs that next goal.

Eichel hasn't taken a faceoff since his maintenance day.  We going to find out when the season ends that he's been playing with bruised / cracked ribs or a minor shoulder injury?

You could circle the same set of zeros on Sam Reinharts stat page.

11 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Best Sabres loss I've seen in 10 years. 

Based on where they've been...where they're at...and who they played.  

Keep playing like this please.  

This! Hold your heads high Swordsmen & fans.  Tonight's game was well fought.  Keep fighting the good fight and playing this way and the future is ours to make happen.

Not expecting playoffs this year, but games like this establish us as a force to recon with and next year with some summer trades and promoted depth.... I like the track we are on.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, LGR4GM said:

We did? Weird, I thought they would win. 

You actually thought they would win pregame? grats to you if that is the case unless ur talking about midgame. I never thought they would win this game but sure worth watching looking at last game and also see wayne. Best loss of this season by far, awesome game indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is BS when they say it about Sam, and it is BS now.

Victor got those chances because he knows how to read the game and find the holes.

Thought the game better tonight than Vesey has in every shift he’s had with Jack combined.

He hit the freaking post, got robbed and just missed to the outside.

Didn't notice I deleted it and re thought it huh? That's fine whatever. 

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Don’t get the VO hate tonight.

Didnt see anybody else getting those kind of chances. 

And no way I'm breaking up that top line trio. 

Why we keep calling for Skinner to be on it is beyond me.  He needs to find a way to produce.  Priority number 1, 2, and 3 for this team is to get him a 2C. 

I thought he skated and played well tonight.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

You actually thought they would win pregame? grats to you if that is the case unless ur talking about midgame. I never thought they would win this game but sure worth watching looking at last game and also see wayne. Best loss of this season by far, awesome game indeed.

Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't i watch every game assuming they'll win? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jävə Keith said:

This! Hold your heads high Swordsmen & fans.  Tonight's game was well fought.  Keep fighting the good fight and playing this way and the future is ours to make happen.

Not expecting playoffs this year, but games like this establish us as a force to recon with and next year with some summer trades and promoted depth.... I like the track we are on.

Which is the exact opposite place we were a month ago.

I think they've been good for chunks of the season with just bad to terrible goaltending.

I think we'd be much closer to in the playoffs if these guys felt great about the guy they have between the pipes.

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

You could circle the same set of zeros on Sam Reinharts stat page.

You've got the wrong guy regarding that graphic.  Didn't post it and was merely pointing out that he's taken as many faceoffs as Hutton has the last 3 games.  Can't win 'em when you don't take 'em.  Btw, Reinhart did win 5 tonight.  Don't know how he did vs the Pens & Jets but nearly positive it was worse than Jack would've been had he been able to take them.  (He's taken all the FO's that Eichel would've taken.  That does not help that line.)

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.