Practice Report: Tuesday, 2-25-2020

WildCard

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I am surprised there is no champagne being popped in this thread.

Simmonds number confirms Sobotka will never play for the Sabres again.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I was wondering what felt weird about him taking 17. 

Yeah.  Last night was trying to recall wtf was wearing 17 this year and drew a blank.  Tried to just remove him from the memory altogether apparently.

Just now, Taro T said:

Yeah.  Last night was trying to recall wtf was wearing 17 this year and drew a blank.  Tried to just remove him from the memory altogether apparently.

Somebody either here or on twitter had made a comment like "I wonder what he'll be wearing." I said to myself "oh yeah, the Sabres probably retired 17" because I know the retired numbers have a lot of teens in them, and I didn't think that closely about it after. 

Then today, I saw his 17, and was like "oh, I guess nobody has really worn it since maybe Gragnani or something" 

Sorry Vlad! It's been a lot of months. 

Like, do an honest side-by-side comparison of Skinner and Simmonds this season. Simmonds CF% and CFrel are a little worse, but he's got essentially the same shot totals, the same shooting percentage, nearly identical goals and assists through a handful more games. And Simmonds was doing it all on a worse team playing fewer minutes per game.

I'd love to see some heat maps but I bet his shots are actually coming from more dangerous areas than Jeff's too, just by virtue of how he plays the game.

Obviously Skinner is a more talented player, but it's really hard to argue that he's contributing a whole lot more than Wayne Simmonds this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.