Trade: Erod and Sheary traded to Pittsburgh for C/LW Dominik Kahun

LGR4GM

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Reinhart only takes faceoffs when Jack gets kicked out of the dot. I'm not sure I've ever seen him put out there for a faceoff, unless Jack has rib injuries, so they've probably done it recently, which makes it a bad time for this comment even if it is correct in spirit 

I feel like I've seen Reinhart try the "intentionally lose the draw and chase the puck into the corner" move  a lot when he takes faceoffs.

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Reinhart only takes faceoffs when Jack gets kicked out of the dot. I'm not sure I've ever seen him put out there for a faceoff, unless Jack has rib injuries, so they've probably done it recently, which makes it a bad time for this comment even if it is correct in spirit 

Jack didn't take any faceoffs the last 2 games.  Pretty sure whatever is the reason for that (ribs?) is why he had the maintenance day last week.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:54 AM, Brawndo said:

Natural center played most wing

Ralph kinda confirmed that this morning when Paul Hamilton (asking one of his trademark questions that are actually statements) said Kahun had never played wing prior to coming to the NHL. But he will definitely play wing to start here.

Couple other interesting tidbits: Kahun played a couple years with Ralph's son in Europe; and Don Granato worked with him extensively during his rookie year in Chicago. This is a guy they know well.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I was really, really hoping that the trade of ERod would lead to no more PerreaultForever posts with the word "ERod" in them, as I've read about fifteen thousand of them in the last couple of months. 

My hopes have been crushed ?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD is gone and I'm not sad about it. 

Now please give me another excuse to type his name again :)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

faceoffs!    He leads the team at 50.7%, Larsson is next at 47.9% followed by Eichel at 47%.... that's a significant dropoff.   

Reinhart at 37.8% on 80 faceoff attempts.    Not to pick on him, but as a guy who played center in junior, you'd expect better.     He's nowhere close to 50%, a big reason they can't put him out at center.     For his career he's at 36.5% on over 700 attempts.  

No you wouldn’t. Face offs % at the NHL level is almost directly related to age and experience in the NHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crosschecking said:

Derek Plante's name is on the Cup too. Let's not forget that.

You positive about that?  He didn't play in the Finals and he wasn't there long enough to qualify from the regular season.  They might have requested an "Eddie Olczyk" waiver for him, but he didn't earn it officially.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You positive about that?  He didn't play in the Finals and he wasn't there long enough to qualify from the regular season.  They might have requested an "Eddie Olczyk" waiver for him, but he didn't earn it officially.

If that's the case, I'll delete my comment.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, his name was engraved on the Cup. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Plante

Edited by Crosschecking
addendum

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Third row for the bottom, second name. 

I was shocked to see it as well

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Third row for the bottom, second name. 

I was shocked to see it as well

Good for him.  Glad that when they were awarded the Cup they got him taken care of as well.  They didn't have to do that.

Happier for him than that Benoit Hogue is there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.