Trade: Erod and Sheary traded to Pittsburgh for C/LW Dominik Kahun

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Why? 

See response to Flagg. Not sure why people love this guy now? I found him a complete waste of roster space. This guy blew so many chances to score when he had opportunity it was mind boggling to me. Let's see how he pans out in Pittsburgh. Glad he's gone!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Would you have paid what the NYI did for Pageau? Or what Carolina did for Trocheck? Neither is a top flight 2C 

At some point, they are going to have to pay, it really is that simple. Whether it be through time as payment as they wait for Cozens or Mitts to come of age or through assets to get a current proven commodity is the real question here. Jack is starting his prime right now, and while there is no real clock on his window, the 32 to 34 yr old window is a realistic bench mark to go by.

So, 8, 9 maybe 10 years. Can you 100% guarantee Cozens or Mitts fills the role? Can you 100% guarantee any future prospect fills the role?

How long will Jack tolerate the short falls of no playoffs? There is a price to be paid for making any decision, that includes doing nothing or, being unwilling to pay the price to move forward. For example, Anaheim was sitting there today with Henrique, and possibly Rakell, would the price have been high? You bet. Would it have been the right move? We'll never know. But what we do know is the Sabres, after today, are no closer to the goal of enhancing the team by playoff appearances than they were before today started. Imho

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eman said:

Why? I couldn't stand Erod. Waste of roster space. I think the only reason he ever made it to this organization was because he was Jack's College buddy and teammate. He has been dealt to a contender now and if they do get a Cup it will sicken me. Guys like Gilbert Perreault don't get one and Erod getting one would bother me. Could not stand him as a player. Hey, if you liked him, sorry he got dealt. I'll sleep well tonight thanks!

I couldn't care less that he got dealt, but the idea of getting sick at the thought of Evan Rodrigues experiencing success in his career is the weirdest ***** I've read all day

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

At some point, they are going to have to pay, it really is that simple. Whether it be through time as payment as they wait for Cozens or Mitts to come of age or through assets to get a current proven commodity is the real question here. Jack is starting his prime right now, and while there is no real clock on his window, the 32 to 34 yr old window is a realistic bench mark to go by.

So, 8, 9 maybe 10 years. Can you 100% guarantee Cozens or Mitts fills the role? Can you 100% guarantee any future prospect fills the role?

How long will Jack tolerate the short falls of no playoffs? There is a price to be paid for making any decision, that includes doing nothing or, being unwilling to pay the price to move forward. For example, Anaheim was sitting there today with Henrique, and possibly Rakell, would the price have been high? You bet. Would it have been the right move? We'll never know. But what we do know is the Sabres, after today, are no closer to the goal of enhancing the team by playoff appearances than they were before today started. Imho

They actually are closer because the alternative if they had lost both games this weekend would have been a sell-off of Sheary, Rodrig, Girgs and Larry. Instead, they got slightly better (in my opinion) and management is actually giving them a chance to fight for something. THis team needed it because the stench of losing those players, and giving up, would have been tough to watch. I doubt they make the playoffs but I have hope that they are going to fight like hell to give it an honest shot.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I couldn't care less that he got dealt, but the idea of getting sick at the thought of Evan Rodrigues experiencing success in his career is the weirdest ***** I've read all day

It would be an injustice in my mind. (looking back on great Sabres who never got a ring or Cup like Perreault) I was glad for Dom in Detroit as it wasn't going to happen here but at least he played his ### off in a Sabre uniform. Erod.......sorry, no ####### way! Consider it weird then.

Just now, eman said:

It would be an injustice in my mind. (looking back on great Sabres who never got a ring or Cup like Perreault) I was glad for Dom in Detroit as it wasn't going to happen here but at least he played his ### off in a Sabre uniform. Erod.......sorry, no ####### way! Consider it weird then.

Evan skated every shift like his hair was on fire. He just sucked. Your take is misplaced, and it's pretty bizarre

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eman said:

Great, he was a terrific skater................ glad it helped the team...............NOT!

No, I'm talking about effort. It was consensus on this forum as recently as last season that the dude was unskilled but tried harder than the rest of the team. You're just making stuff up and displaying disturbing personality traits

Evan skated every shift like his hair was on fire. He just sucked. Your take is misplaced, and it's pretty bizarre

Dave Andreychuk on the other hand wasn't a terrific skater but he helped the Sabres a load more then Erod. I'll take an Andreychuk type over Erod any day of the week.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

No, I'm talking about effort. It was consensus on this forum as recently as last season that the dude was unskilled but tried harder than the rest of the team. You're just making stuff up and displaying disturbing personality traits

Nope, he did not help this club win games. Let's see how long Pittsburgh enjoys Erod's "skills".

Just now, eman said:

Dave Andreychuk on the other hand wasn't a terrific skater but he helped the Sabres a load more then Erod. I'll take an Andreychuk type over Erod any day of the week.

Wayne Gretzky was pretty good too back in his day. We should try and acquire someone like that and play them instead of our bad players

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eman said:

Well one is a hall of fame caliber player is one is arguably 4A. That should be an easy one. 

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

They actually are closer because the alternative if they had lost both games this weekend would have been a sell-off of Sheary, Rodrig, Girgs and Larry. Instead, they got slightly better (in my opinion) and management is actually giving them a chance to fight for something. THis team needed it because the stench of losing those players, and giving up, would have been tough to watch. I doubt they make the playoffs but I have hope that they are going to fight like hell to give it an honest shot.

And this is where many, including yourself, and me, will part ways on this idea. The time to address the playoff race for this season was following the Christmas break, imho. Once they began to slide, the problems as to why should have been identified immediately, and addressed accordingly, early on. They weren't, for whatever reason.

I've been outspoken about them making the playoffs, I believe they can, and I am firmly in that camp until the math says no. But, they are in this position, once again, Imho, not specifically due to their play alone, which has improved as of late, but rather by a collapse of one of the 2 opponents they are chasing, namely Toronto. Can they catch Florida? Does this mean I don't believe they can catch Florida? Until they do, yes, yes it does.

Just now, erickompositör72 said:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your assessment of ERod as a player

Which is why I'm glad he's gone. It does ring true that Pittsburgh could possibly be contending for the Cup and Erod could get a ring and his name on it. That, to me, would be a huge injustice.

Wayne Gretzky was pretty good too back in his day. We should try and acquire someone like that and play them instead of our bad players

Wouldn't hurt. Notice I did say "Andreychuk-type" (big ,strong, parks in front of opposing goalie and screens or picks up garbage goal rebounds)

Just now, eman said:

Which is why I'm glad he's gone. It does ring true that Pittsburgh could possibly be contending for the Cup and Erod could get a ring and his name on it. That, to me, would be a huge injustice.

There are actually bad people with their names on the cup, and nobody cares, because that's how humanity works

There are bad players on every cup winning team

You don't make many sense 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eman said:

Wouldn't hurt. Notice I did say "Andreychuk-type" (big ,strong, parks in front of opposing goalie and screens or picks up garbage goal rebounds)

Life's not fair. In the case of ERod having success on a future team... don't lose sleep over it

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Maybe some of the disconnect is that Rodrigues was demonstrably worse through large parts of this season than he had been in past years?  He always got results far better than his skillset indicated he was capable of, until this year when he was awful except playing Detroit until the calendar rolled into February.  These last few weeks he actually looked like he was trying again.  (Don't believe he ever stopped trying, but he was reacting slowly, and he doesn't have enough skill to be slow on the uptake.)

• Like (+1) 1

There are actually bad people with their names on the cup, and nobody cares, because that's how humanity works

There are bad players on every cup winning team

You don't make many sense 

I think  I make perfect sense. Sorry you aren't comprehending my point and find it disturbing. I did not care for the guy as a player. Yes, it would bother me if he lucks out and gets his name on the Cup and a ring. Is that better? Not sure why it's "weird" or "disturbing"? I don't want Erod dead, I am glad he is off this club. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all. I want no "physical harm" to come to him. Do you feel somewhat better now ?

Just now, Taro T said:

Maybe some of the disconnect is that Rodrigues was demonstrably worse through large parts of this season than he had been in past years?  He always got results far better than his skillset indicated he was capable of, until this year when he was awful except playing Detroit until the calendar rolled into February.  These last few weeks he actually looked like he was trying again.  (Don't believe he ever stopped trying, but he was reacting slowly, and he doesn't have enough skill to be slow on the uptake.)

Almost surely. He really was a lot worse this season for whatever reason, but I don't see why that would warrant a sickened reaction to the idea that he'd find his game elsewhere and, heaven forbid, have a good time 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Almost surely. He really was a lot worse this season for whatever reason, but I don't see why that would warrant a sickened reaction to the idea that he'd find his game elsewhere and, heaven forbid, have a good time 

How about it would make me nauseous if he gets a ring and name on Cup? (which it would)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.