Trade: Erod and Sheary traded to Pittsburgh for C/LW Dominik Kahun

LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Why would Larsson want to come back here?

The team sucked during his time here, but he also went through some horrific injury problems and the team stuck by him.  I could see some loyalty there.  It all depends whether Angry Larry thinks the team is moving in the right direction and close to meaningful competition in the post season.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry we sent out 5million and brought back only 925k

We cleared that for this season. Kahun is on an entry level deal and Sheary and Erod were worth 5mil

Which does make me think we'll see something else, even if it is another Simmonds-type move where you're giving a short term tryout to another high price guy who hasn't worked out.

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

He's 24 and turns 25 in July.

5'11", 175 lbs.  He played 2 years in the OHL (Sudbury, eh?) at ages 17 and 18, then played professionally in Germany for 4 years, then 1 year with the Blackhawks (37 pts in 82 games -- not bad for a rookie) and then 27 pts in 50 games this year with Pittsburgh.

He also played for Germany 3 times in the World Juniors and for them in the 2018 Olympics.

I wonder if RK knows him?

Seems like a nice pickup for 2 UFAs with little value.

.5 ppg and possibly still rising at center.  Sounds good.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can he mesh with Skinner?

Can Skinner mesh with Skinner?  I don't think you "mesh" with Skinner.  You load him and wait for him to explode.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Which does make me think we'll see something else, even if it is another Simmonds-type move where you're giving a short term tryout to another high price guy who hasn't worked out.

Could see it go either way.  By most likely being below the actual cap now (rather than just under what they're allowed to be w/ BF-LTIR) they can pay some of Dahlin's & Olofsson's bonuses out of this year's cap rather than next year's cap.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm trying to read what Pens fans have to say but hfboards is destroyed because of their volume of traffic 

Pens twitter don't like it

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Sounds like he is a winger who spent time with Malkin this season. 

Centre I think 

14 minutes ago, sabills said:

Someone who knows more than me, is Kahun actually a center?

If he is, he doesn't take faceoffs. 22 last year and 28 so far this year. Yahoo fantasy has him designated as lw/rw. And that's all the research I'm prepared to do.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.