Sabres only deadline thread

GASabresIUFAN

11 hours ago, steveoath said:

Do we have a cap penalty coming up next year? Was listening to a podcast that seemed to suggest that despite the roster moves we don't have enough cap room to pay ELC bonuses.

10 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

I thought after the trades yesterday we have enough space to fit in any bonuses, but I could be wrong. 

Quick and dirty math.

Possible bonus money total between Dahlin, Jokiharju, and Olofsson is $3.3M.  Projected cap space on the season is only about $900K.  So, it looks like up to $2M could be used up from next seasons cap.

However, I don’t fully understand how Buffalo’s LTIR usage affects things, or if those guys will hit their full bonus numbers because I don’t know what all the stipulations are.

Edited by Curt

We were looking at some stats earlier that essentially mocked the idea that Frolik was helping the PK.

The Athletic has a different take:

Frolik has played a bit over 30 minutes on the kill since arriving in Buffalo and been on ice for three goals against and one shorthanded goal for (one goal against every 10 PK minutes played). For comparison sake, Girgensons has played around 134 PK minutes and been on ice for 23 goals against (one goal against for about every six PK minutes played).

Edited by dudacek

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

We were looking at some stats earlier that essentially mocked the idea that Frolik was helping the PP.

The Athletic has a different take:

Frolik has played a bit over 30 minutes on the kill since arriving in Buffalo and been on ice for three goals against and one shorthanded goal for (one goal against every 10 PK minutes played). For comparison sake, Girgensons has played around 134 PK minutes and been on ice for 23 goals against (one goal against for about every six PK minutes played).

That's just too small of a sample size to compare IMO. There's also a lot of factors that go into that: who were they playing, who were they playing with, etc.

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That's just too small of a sample size to compare IMO. There's also a lot of factors that go into that: who were they playing, who were they playing with, etc.

So he wasn't good on the PK narrative is just as false given these factors?

Edited by woods-racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.