Trade: Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for a Conditional 2021 5th

Brawndo

52 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wasn't alive for the Super Bowls, but everyone I talk to resents Marv for constantly being outcoached in them and failing to win a super bowl with those absurdly talented rosters

Fine. Ralph takes us to four finals in a row and loses all four. Like I said, buckle up.

10 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wasn't alive for the Super Bowls, but everyone I talk to resents Marv for constantly being outcoached in them and failing to win a super bowl with those absurdly talented rosters

That is probably the least favorable way to look at those years.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That is probably the least favorable way to look at those years.

A reasonable answer would have been, "Are you crazy? Marv, even with some flaws, was a Hall of Fame coach who took the Bills to four straight conference championships. Ralph ain't that."

15 hours ago, woods-racer said:

He seems genuinely positive about this trade in that interview.

Not just saying the ripe old vet made for TV/radio responses.

What I like is that he sounds realistic about the future after this season, which, to me, indicates his head is screwed on right and that maybe his comments about the Sabres are a little more thoughtful than just the usual platitudes.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

A reasonable answer would have been, "Are you crazy? Marv, even with some flaws, was a Hall of Fame coach who took the Bills to four straight conference championships. Ralph ain't that."

But the idea that Ralph could be as good as Marv isn't that outlandish to me since I was raised viewing Marv as not that great of a coach, if a great leader of men 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

tSN.ca with the slice saying Wayne gave up his chance at playoffs going to Buffalo. Thanks for the chip on his shoulder Canadian press 

I'm sure they made some excuses for the Leafs keeping Barrie even though they tried to ship him out

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

Well he could have stayed in NJ...

I heard on WGR via Radio.com that Simmonds waived his NTC to come to Buffalo.

Source: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/two-factors-simmonds-waived-no-trade-clause-sabres/

Edited by Crosschecking
source
  • Like (+1) 1

Perception is an odd thing.

The Oilers and Canucks are going places and are smart to add.

The Flames and Leafs are in desperate trouble and have to add.

The Sabres and Canadiens are dead in the water and need to push the reset button.

Essentially, three wins is the difference between the first group and the last over the course of this season. Three bounces of the puck.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

Simmonds gets 17

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I will never be convinced that the Oilers don't s u c k this year

Checked on their roster today. Neal is outperforming himself, Kassian is too, Drasaitl is having an MVP year better than McDavid, and RNH is a free agent next year.

TBH I hate the Oilers and want them to fail at every turn

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Simmonds gets 17

Checked on their roster today. Neal is outperforming himself, Kassian is too, Drasaitl is having an MVP year better than McDavid, and RNH is a free agent next year.

TBH I hate the Oilers and want them to fail at every turn

I love me Sam Reinhart but it sure looks like Drasaitl should have been that second overall pick in 2014.  Can I blame EXGMTM for that too?

Edited by Derrico

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I love me Sam Reinhart but it sure looks like Drasaitl should have been that second overall pick in 2014.  Can I blame EXGMTM for that too?

Murray pretty much had to take the guy who was more likely to turn out as a center, and that's Reinhart.  As Reinhart is *hardly* a bust, I don't think we can fault Murray for taking him over Drasaitl.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.