Trade: Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for a Conditional 2021 5th

Brawndo

I actually like the message this is sending to the team. Regardless of how bad they’ve been at times they’re not far from the playoffs. 

Botterill wants to change the culture and this is the kind of move that says we should be competitive and the organization believes in what they’re building.  That’s how I see this move. Make the playoffs and your smart for believing in your team. Selling when your this close sends a message that they’re trying to reverse. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This is hilarious.  Botterill is buying a rental at the deadline?  

Is he trying to sell some sort of fake playoff push to the fans, or what? 

Dude is seriously clueless at worst, and disingenuous at best.

What we give up here is meaningless and I have always liked Simmonds...but this will amount to a nothing sort of transaction.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

This is hilarious.  Botterill is buying a rental at the deadline?  

Is he trying to sell some sort of fake playoff push to the fans, or what? 

Dude is seriously clueless at worst, and disingenuous at best.

What we give up here is meaningless and I have always liked Simmonds...but this will amount to a nothing sort of transaction.

Botteril is consistent.  He continues to acquire overpaid 4th liners.  What were you expecting?

Edited by freester

Just now, freester said:

Botteril is consisent.  He continues to acquire overpaid 4th liners.  What were you expecting?

He's not done yet. Based on past deadlines we'll get to 3pm and 10-15 minutes later we'll get a report someone was traded for a 6th round pick and then we'll get a press conference from Botts saying it's hard to be a GM / he likes what Simmonds will bring to help the playoff push.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

WTF is Buffalo even trying to accomplish these days? Is there some mystery trophy only they compete for?

Random post on hf that made me laugh 

It's true though. We've been trying to figure out all season what, exactly, Botterill wanted to see from this team this year. It's been really hard to tell what is going on.

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

He's not done yet. Based on past deadlines we'll get to 3pm and 10-15 minutes later we'll get a report someone was traded for a 6th round pick and then we'll get a press conference from Botts saying it's hard to be a GM / he likes what Simmonds will bring to help the playoff push.

I will bet you money that Botterill talks about Simmonds grit/toughness as a reason for the acquisition. 

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's savvy vet and a well-regarded character guy. We should expect nothing less from him. A potential playoff run is better than playing out the string in Jersey.

I concur

2 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

A team in the bottom three, or a team six points out, close to home?  Why is this some big accomplishment. 

plus it's for only 6 weeks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.