GDT: 2/23/20 Winnipeg @ Sabres 3pm ET, MSG & WGR550

Derrico

23 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

One of my top 5 orators of all time and most certainly a top 10'er on my list of lifetime inspirations. Churchill was, simply put, fitted to the times he lived. I actually listen to his audio's quite often and read both his early career and later works, especially the 30's, 40's and 50's. The Sinews of Peace is a must for anyone interested in public communication skills imho.

Franklin and Winston, by Jon Meacham.  A man who failed a dozen times before becoming one of the 20th century’s single most important human beings.

Fun summer pilgrimage in WNY ..  The Churchill Lounge at The Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara on the Lake.  Johnny Walker for breakfast, champagne at lunch and high tea, a Bordeaux for dinner, and port in the evening.

“Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Franklin and Winston, by Jon Meacham.  A man who failed a dozen times before becoming one of the 20th century’s single most important human beings.

Fun summer pilgrimage in WNY ..  The Churchill Lounge at The Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara on the Lake.  Johnny Walker for breakfast, champagne at lunch and high tea, a Bordeaux for dinner, and port in the evening.

“Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.

I have found a soul brethren...………….

My personal favorite: Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altars. As the will of God is in Heaven, even so let it be."

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.