GDT: 2/23/20 Winnipeg @ Sabres 3pm ET, MSG & WGR550

Derrico

I’ve made the annual trek down to Buffalo with my family and we can’t wait to go to the game today.  Sabres have been playing much better over the past few weeks so let’s hope it continues today.  Last game before the trade deadline.

On a separate note the Buffalo Grand Hotel is sure starting to go down hill....

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

image.png.1f6168e9758fa1c1e1eb05c934021c51.png    VS. image.png.28a338354662f9360e4437fdd2118e92.png

After an impressive victory in Pittsburgh yesterday the Sabres take on the Weeniepeg Jets today in Buffalo. Key to victory today is the Weenie Club led by @Wyldnwoody44 and @MODO Hockey not watching the game again. The Sabres are 9-6-1 in their last 16 games since January 12th and have won 4 of their last 5 games. It will be interesting to see who HCRK starts in goal today, will it be the inconsistent Hutton or the might not be ready for primetime JJ. The Sabres are 3 losses to Ottawa of all teams from being right in the thick of a possible playoff run, fortunately with Florida and the Loafs in the mist of a tough stretch their recent play has them still in it. Another key question is will they sell or buy tomorrow?? Does the outcome of this game come into play at all?? Does the Sabre fanbase continue to follow this team or do they take the attitude that I'm a Loser??

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

The Sabres are 6-2-2 in afternoon games this season, including a 5-2-0 record at home.

Henri Jokiharju is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game today.

Jack Eichel has recorded at least a point in each of Buffalo’s last seven games (4+7). It’s his third point streak of at least seven games this season.

Rasmus Dahlin enters today’s game on a career-best six-game point streak (1+6). He has recorded at least a point in 14 of his last 17 games (2+14) dating back to Jan. 4.

Rasmus Ristolainen has tallied at least one assist in each of Buffalo’s last four games, totaling six assists and a plus-7 rating in those contests.

Kyle Okposo enters today’s game on a three-game point streak (2+1).

HOT AGAINST WINNIPEG

Carter Hutton has a .973 save percentage in his last five appearances against Winnipeg.

Marcus Johansson has recorded 19 points (3+16) in 19 games against the Jets since they moved to Winnipeg in 2011-12, including seven multi-point outings.

Jack Eichel has totaled seven points (4+3) in seven career games against the Jets.

Jeff Skinner has recorded six points (3+3) in six games against Winnipeg since the beginning of the 2016-17 season.

Colin Miller has totaled three points (1+2) in his last two meetings with the Jets.

Rasmus Dahlin recorded an assist in both of Buffalo’s games against the Jets as a rookie last season.

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Winnipeg is battling for a playoff spot as well so this should be an entertaining game. I am nervous about the goaltending but the team can tighten up defensively and make anyone a winner, just look at last night’s Leafs game for an example.

Dahlin has been playing well, he can be a difference maker. 2 assists for him today.

Let’s go Buffalo!

If Canes can beat Loafs with a back up goalie, Sabres should push the playoff button and play with some passion today.   I want to see an all out effort for 60 minutes. They don't play again until Wednesday in Colorado so this is a must win game.  With win Sabres can pull within 4 points of Florida and 6 points of Toronto with a game in hand on Toronto. 

I'm thinking 5-3 win.

Olofsson, Vesey, Skinner, McCabe, and Jack with empty netter.

Well, this is a true test, not for the team, but for me. To see if my theory of not seeing the game holds. 

I have the day off, I plan on going for a run a little latter and then plopping my tush on the couch and watching this one.

I used to make sure I watched every game i could for years, or at least record them. Now I still enjoy my hockey, but not enough to prioritize it over existing plans. 

Don't let me down boys. 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Well, this is a true test, not for the team, but for me. To see if my theory of not seeing the game holds. 

I have the day off, I plan on going for a run a little latter and then plopping my tush on the couch and watching this one.

I used to make sure I watched every game i could for years, or at least record them. Now I still enjoy my hockey, but not enough to prioritize it over existing plans. 

Don't let me down boys. 

C'mon Sabr', ol' buddy, don't let Wyld down.

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Sabres are 6-3-1 over their last 10.  If they play that pace over the next 20 and win the last game of the season that’s 92 points.  I wonder what the magic number has to be but that would be close.  

I've been saying it for a bit now, Botterill MUST, yes MUST bring in help for both the future and now.

If they are going to run with 4 RHD's and 2 LHD's I'm fine with that, but the 1st rd must be in play if that be the case and he wants help with term.

And I'm not opposed to a rental goalie like Miller for a modest upgrade on Hutton.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Almost got to go, but can't. Will be watching instead. 

Worried about goaltending today.

Looks like Jets are starting their backup today as well and his numbers look awful.  Should be a high scoring one today. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.