Practice Report: 02-20-2020

WildCard

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not telling you anything you don't already know, but the safest interpretation of the term "maintenance day" is the player got dinged in the last game and the team hopes that a day of rest will have it cleared up enough that the player can play the next game.  

And if the guy is over 30, could be that, or he's running on fumes and needs a short break.

I didn't know that actually. I always assumed it was "yeah this guy is whooped, he played 25 mins last night and a lot this week so he gets the day off" and any actual dings would be listed as an injury of some sort 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't know that actually. I always assumed it was "yeah this guy is whooped, he played 25 mins last night and a lot this week so he gets the day off" and any actual dings would be listed as an injury of some sort 

I'm sure, especially with older players, as mentioned, that sometimes it is that.  But typically it's more than that and when the team only played once in the past 4 days and the player was taking some pretty good shots, it's a safer bet IMHO that the player is nursing a charlie horse or other such soft tissue malady which is less severe than an "injury" with more major structural damage which would end up on an injury report than it is that he simply is exhausted and needs a break.

These guys are ALL playing "hurt" by this point in the season and none of those minor issues that won't / aren't expected to cause time lost ever get reported.  It seems it's only an "injury" if it's structural &/or it's expected it will cause lost time.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In the land of the blind, one-eyed man is king.

The team improves when you fix the things that don't work.  Right now that line works; attention is best spent elsewhere.  Eventually, one would hope, we can work on making things work better, but right now the focus should not be on Larsson's line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.