Sign in to follow this  
Let's Go B-Lo

Top 10 Hated Sabres

Whaddya got? 

Guys you hated.  Doesn't need to be rational. Just has to be current or former Sabres that you couldn't stand for whatever reason.

Edited by Let's Go B-Lo

I posted some of my off the cuff list.  Here's one.

Ken Sutton and his magic exploding sticks. Actually at that time it was more like the blade would come off the aluminum shaft.

Rational.... Slava Kozlov. 

irrational... Have tons of dislikes for irrational reasons.  No real hate though.  Ok, John Rigas maybe.  That SOB is still alive after petitioning for early release from prison due to his impending death.  How many years ago was he on death's door?

• Like (+1) 3

I disliked many players, but the only one that comes to mind that I really hated was Slava Kozlov.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Kozlov, Leino, Gilmour are probably my top 3.  Bogo is probably 4th.

Can’t think of to many after that that I truly hated.

1. Leino

2. Mike Wilson

3. Kozlov

4. Peters

5. Wayne Primeau

6. Roy

7. An_y  _elmore

8. Torres

9. Kruse

10. Gragnani

Edited by Zamboni

Smehlik-clears-it-not-out

Wowwee Whimpley (Housley)

In no particular order.

Schoenfeld. Had maybe a couple good years, but mostly poor. Always out of position but nobody seemed to care. I've never seen a Sabre make so many mistakes and barely hear a negative word about it. 

• Skeptical 1

53 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

1. Leino

2. Mike Wilson

3. Kozlov

4. Peters

5. Wayne Primeau

6. Roy

7. An_y  _elmore

8. Torres

9. Kruse

10. Gragnani

I mean it's easy to hate guys that sucked. I always feel a little for them. Guys like Roy, Vanek, Tyler Myers.  All the talent in the world but effort and consistency issues abound. 

Hutton is gaining ground.

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Drew Stafford

He's definitely an all-star on this squad.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

and a prospect that may have told fans to STFU from the bench of a home game.  

That honestly wouldn't bother me if he showed that kinda Moxy on the ice 

32 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Darcy turned Mike Wilson into Rhett Warrener.

Our GM turned Ryan O'Reilly into Vlad Sobotka and a guy that quit mid season and a prospect that may have told fans to STFU from the bench of a home game.  

Who, Tage?

Berglund.

Halak.

Koslov.

EDIT: forgot Doug Gilmour. Don't know why, but I ***** hate that he was a Sabre.

Edited by SwampD

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

The human sieve.

My sieve blocks and catches stuff and I have to wash it out.  Are you sure that's the right word?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Why's everyone hate Kozlov so much? I know he was part of what we got in the Hasek trade (which was one of the worst trades we've ever made imo, so chances are we were never gonna like him). I also know that he only played half a season with us due to being injured & that he also said some bad things about our team & city. But once again that was during a time when the Rigas were sent to jail & we went to the bottom of the league where thousands of fans weren't showing up at the arena. If i were a player i wouldve hated to be playing here too at that time, especially coming from a team like Detroit.

Was there anything more specific than that where all the hate comes from? I don't really remember his time here or what happened.

13 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

Why's everyone hate Kozlov so much? I know he was part of what we got in the Hasek trade (which was one of the worst trades we've ever made imo, so chances are we were never gonna like him). I also know that he only played half a season with us due to being injured & that he also said some bad things about our team & city. But once again that was during a time when the Rigas were sent to jail & we went to the bottom of the league where thousands of fans weren't showing up at the arena. If i were a player i wouldve hated to be playing here too at that time, especially coming from a team like Detroit.

Was there anything more specific than that where all the hate comes from? I don't really remember his time here or what happened.

Well, there are a couple of things.

First, Hasek basically got to pick what was coming back from Detroit.  He didn't want to lose a piece of his Cup puzzle.  So we knew the Sabres weren't getting a prime player.

Then, as you said, he badmouthed the heck out of the team until he was traded, IIRC, to Atlanta. 

He was a total dud here, as he was everywhere else (he was a passenger on those Detroit teams--and don't ruin this for me, Taro), but he acted like a jerk here.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd sign Brad F'n Park to a one day contract and that would end the discussion on the most hated Sabre.

• Haha (+1) 1