Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This seems like.... odd wording.

Makes me wonder if he's dealing with illness/injury or on the trading block.

Let me get this straight. You think IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!  ?

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

They are getting quite a few calls on him 

Source?

If someone offers a 2nd on Larsson you have to take it, but that’s not happening.

What might happen though is Larsson or Larsson and something for an Asplund-level prospect you think can play next year.

I value Larry like @Randall Flagg does, but I don’t think he’s coming back next year.He’s earned his UFA status and I suspect he’s tired of losing.

I really wonder about the effort level we’ll get down the stretch from any UFAs who aren’t traded.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

In fact, in the Columbus game, when down 2-0, I posted during the exact moment that the tide of the game switched, that we "receieved the shift we needed" and that we were winning the game. It was a successful, grinding shift from GLO. You can just tell that it's happening. They settle down anti-Sabre chaos and create the environment for Jack and co. to pounce

plus they are actually producing this year....more goal than usual for them.

I think Larsson and Girgs are actually pretty valuable as 4th line players on 4th line contracts.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If someone offers a 2nd on Larsson you have to take it, but that’s not happening.

What might happen though is Larsson or Larsson and something for an Asplund-level prospect you think can play next year.

I value Larry like @Randall Flagg does, but I don’t think he’s coming back next year.He’s earned his UFA status and I suspect he’s tired of losing.

I really wonder about the effort level we’ll get down the stretch from any UFAs who aren’t traded.

Hopefully the team has some idea of his intentions. I think Larsson is worth considerably more than a 2nd round pick to a team that needs to start winning, so if he's open to staying, I'm not moving him. We have 2 effective lines, I'd like to keep them while trying to work on the other 2.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If we're still in the hunt I think we'll be fine.  Even if we're not, those guys will be playing for contracts (with the Sabres or with another team, but either way they need to make good impressions).

I have to admit that I'm excited for tonights game. Win tonight and a Leafs loss....

Though I really believe they will need to Pittsburgh to take both games with the Leafs this week, coupled with win vs Ottawa they would only be 6 out going into the weekend with 2 games in hand.  

Mid Feb and I haven't looked at Tankathon for a week...so thats saying something ?

6 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

One period at a time and one game at a time. Not even worried about the standings at this point.

What is important is this franchise putting wins together, improving week to week and watching Ralph Kruger change the culture of this franchise, which I feel confident he can do.

Seeing players Dahlin keep improving, watching Eichel continue his Hart worthy campaign, and hopefully Botterill makes the right decisions on how to jettison out of town and work to keep.

When the players on the team get a lot better, you will see that the culture has magically improved. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

plus they are actually producing this year....more goal than usual for them.

I think Larsson and Girgs are actually pretty valuable as 4th line players on 4th line contracts.

They’re making a combined $3.1 right now. I could see another $0.5m in raises. I just worry about having close to $10m tied up in our fourth line. I don’t think it’s an issue for next year, but it is down the road and we really need someone making under $1m to step up there soon. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Hopefully the team has some idea of his intentions. I think Larsson is worth considerably more than a 2nd round pick to a team that needs to start winning, so if he's open to staying, I'm not moving him. We have 2 effective lines, I'd like to keep them while trying to work on the other 2.

Have no problem at all with them bringing Larsson, Girgensons, and Lazar back and would prefer it.  (Combined with Albatross, er, Okposo, they have the checking line covered quite effectively.)

They have the 1st line set as well and have Skinner and Johansson coming back too.  Which leaves at most 4 forward slots to fill next year, only 1 of which will cost enough assets to bring some pain while filling that role.  At least 1 of Mittelstadt, Thompson, & Cozens will be on the 3rd scoring line (possibly 2 of them effectively).  So they really only need the 2C (which will hurt) and ideally a guy that can play 3C and a guy that can play 2RW.  (If either/ both get supplanted by Mitts & Cozens/Tage, cool.  If not, then the kids are getting sheltered minutes and not torpedoing the season by being over relayed on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.