Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

11 hours ago, Curt said:

I honestly can not make sense of what you are trying to say here.  I don’t understand what you are accusing me of.

Buffalo really only has 5 UFA NHL players, all forwards, Frolik, Sheary, Vesey, Girgs, Lars.  There is also Sobotka, Wilson and Gilmour but I doubt they would garner any deadline interest.  I think that Botterill should trade any of those guys who he is sure that he does not want bring back for next season.

That’s all.  It’s not a complicated philosophy.  I don’t believe that I’ve contradicted this opinion previously.  If I did, please show me.

I've said this multiple times but you keep coming back with another tangent reply.  We disagree, it's simple.  

I think it would be worse to trade players for low round picks because I feel it's more important to finish the year with the best lineup possible for the players that are here beyond this year and for the coaches, etc.  Diminishing the roster for the sake of whatever we can get for them, doesn't make sense to me.  Furthermore if we trade off say 4 forwards, who plays?  I'm no longer interested in interrupting young players in our systems development by bringing them into the NHL too early.  That's clearly not working. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I've said this multiple times but you keep coming back with another tangent reply.  We disagree, it's simple.  

I think it would be worse to trade players for low round picks because I feel it's more important to finish the year with the best lineup possible for the players that are here beyond this year and for the coaches, etc.  Diminishing the roster for the sake of whatever we can get for them, doesn't make sense to me.  Furthermore if we trade off say 4 forwards, who plays?  I'm no longer interested in interrupting young players in our systems development by bringing them into the NHL too early.  That's clearly not working. 

I had a conversation with dudacek about this.  I don’t recall talking with you about it but maybe you were we part of it.  It’s fine that we disagree about it.  That’s ok.

The thing that bothers me is you saying that I keep changing my viewpoint.  I don’t think I’ve done that.  If I have, please show me where so I can own it.

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I had a conversation with dudacek about this.  I don’t recall talking with you about it but maybe you were we part of it.  It’s fine that we disagree about it.  That’s ok.

The thing that bothers me is you saying that I keep changing my viewpoint.  I don’t think I’ve done that.  If I have, please show me where so I can own it.

I said you go off on another tangent and it was multiple times.  For example, you said get whatever you can for Vesey and Sheary in response to the post "late round picks".  I then responded by saying I don't think it's worth diminishing the team for that.  You responded with "2nd round, 3rd round?".  

You change the discussion from eh whatever you can get to early round picks.  

25 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I said you go off on another tangent and it was multiple times.  For example, you said get whatever you can for Vesey and Sheary in response to the post "late round picks".  I then responded by saying I don't think it's worth diminishing the team for that.  You responded with "2nd round, 3rd round?".  

You change the discussion from eh whatever you can get to early round picks.  

I was just trying to say that at some point, it is definitely worth it.  Maybe not for a 7th, but for a 3rd?  I was asking that question.  At what point would it be worth it, to you?

I wasn’t in the convo in this thread from the very start, so I’m sorry if you only wanted to talk about the concept of trading players for 6th/7th round picks and nothing else.  I probably should not have said “whatever you can get” because when it comes down to it a 7th for certain guys may not be worth it, but for some of these players I really would take whatever I could get.

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I was just trying to say that at some point, it is definitely worth it.  Maybe not for a 7th, but for a 3rd?  I was asking that question.  At what point would it be worth it, to you?

I wasn’t in the convo in this thread from the very start, so I’m sorry if you only wanted to talk about the concept of trading players for 6th/7th round picks and nothing else.  I probably should not have said “whatever you can get” because when it comes down to it a 7th for certain guys may not be worth it, but for some of these players I really would take whatever I could get.

Fair enough but that was the point.  Anything vs keeping the team as competitive as possible the whole season.  So my answer would be the picks would have to be worth doing that.  I'm taking a 2nd Rd pick for Vesey yesterday but would take a 3rd, neither of which would happen.  I want us to keep Sheary and Larsson beyond this year so I'm not trading them.  The rest wouldn't fetch anything.

I'm of the opinion the 2nd line is the problem and also wouldn't be outside of our cap capabilities to fix.  Then some guys we currently have can play more line appropriate roles.

Edited by 7+6=13

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.