Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

Just now, Curt said:

Oh goodness, no, I don’t feel sorry for him either.  But I don’t feel sorry for people with season tickets either.  It’s a lot of money to be spending on hockey, even if the team was good.

Your right, nobody holds a gun to my head to buy the tickets (I spend because I can), and I don't need anybody to feel sorry for me or anyone else that buys seasons or even a single game ticket.......Just trying to be funny....

7 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Those are the only 2 of the 9 UFA's (7 on Sabres roster) you don't see as part of the team going forward?  

IMO none of them are and we'll see mass turnover or some might say blow up.

Well, it’s not about which ones l think should come back.  It depends on who Botterill wants to bring back.  He should trade the guys that he doesn’t want to resign instead of letting them walk for nothing.  I highly doubt that would be anywhere close to all 7.

Ultimately it is Botterill who is responsible for where the team is at. He built this roster, he hired the coaching staff to teach it.

There is no blaming the players, no blaming the coaches, the excuses of not talented enough or lack drive and passion are just that, excuses. It is Jason Botterill who assembled the product on the 8ce, he 8s ultimately the decision maker, and over 3 seasons, it is beyond safe to say, he makes an overwhelming number of poor decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

It’s still only hockey. I’m not the one posting about how the Sabres have completely ruined my ability to enjoy anything. The season was already lost for you, wasn’t it? 

It’s also hyperbolic. 2 goal lead, most dangerous in hockey. As we just saw. 

?

17 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Now I'm in a grand funk.

I'm not trying to railroad you.  I mean really, you're some kind of wonderful.

18 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Well at least we got treated to the single worst NHL officiating WTF screw up of the season:

Really, that was almost a defensive play of the year kind of play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

It’s still only hockey. I’m not the one posting about how the Sabres have completely ruined my ability to enjoy anything. The season was already lost for you, wasn’t it? 

It’s also hyperbolic. 2 goal lead, most dangerous in hockey. As we just saw. 

Not for Ottawa.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well, it’s not about which ones l think should come back.  It depends on who Botterill wants to bring back.  He should trade the guys that he doesn’t want to resign instead of letting them walk for nothing.  I highly doubt that would be anywhere close to all 7.

Now you don't have an opinion - you had plenty the last couple days.  Well there's going to be more not traded that aren't on the team next year.  I guess he's going against your wishes and he should.

I'll say it again.  It's not about for nothing if you care about the remainder of this year.  Yesterday you didn't today you do.  I can't follow your changing philosophy.

Edited by 7+6=13
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Hahaha, eff you JBots, I had hopes he was going to be good, it's turning out not only is he not good, he doesn't even appear competent. He's gotta go, IDK how he can be kept, it's  one thing to be bad at something, it's  totally different to be inept like JBot is. This team is sad.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I guess I understand not trusting Johansson, and keeping Hutton out there. I guess.

But where tf was the timeout after the third, or fourth, goal?

I have more to say but I'm sleepy

Two of those goals are on the damn captain.  Eichel blew coverage on one and then, if he actually checks a player, interrupts the play on another.  He's not solely to blame, but he's got a lot of 'splainin to do.

And, when you are playing a team that has the most SHG in the league.. perhaps maybe, just maybe, you should be concerned when they gain control of the puck short-handed.

Ottawa bucks the trend and watches teams fall back waiting for the dump.  They use that to gain an attack advantage and capitalize on it.  They actually do this 5 on 5 as well.  They may not be skilled, but their tactics say that Smith is doing some great coaching.

It sure as hell plays against the Sabres weakenesses.

I mean, is this situation not what Hamburglar exists for? If a goalie with Hutton's 2019-20 track record is starting and has a first period like this, you have to be able to put him on the bench, you just have to. I get not throwing JJ to the wolves, but the dude should be in Rochester insulating UPL while Hamburglar, who has handled NHL spot duty, deals with trying to hang onto a game to save the season. 

Its a mess

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, is this situation not what Hamburglar exists for? If a goalie with Hutton's 2019-20 track record is starting and has a first period like this, you have to be able to put him on the bench, you just have to. I get not throwing JJ to the wolves, but the dude should be in Rochester insulating UPL while Hamburglar, who has handled NHL spot duty, deals with trying to hang onto a game to save the season. 

Its a mess

I can't argue with this.  Hutton did not look good tonight.  The Sabres, overall, looked outmatched.  They have almost all season.. Ottawa just does the things that the Sabres can't handle.  They play desperation hockey...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

The missed penalty shot call was a potential 2 goal swing. 

I honestly just feel bad for him at this point. You blame someone for all their mistakes but I see him genuinely upset and, it just feels sh*TTy, with captial ts. 

I don’t feel bad for him as long as he has a job, I feel bad for the rest of us!

• Like (+1) 1

What a big bag of sh*te that was.

How low is the expectation bar for a team that doesn't pull a struggling goalie who lets in 4 goals in one period?

Who gives a new stick to a player with a towel attached to it?????

What the f*ck kind of an organization is this?

I'm back to what I said last week. Everybody, and I mean everybody needs to go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Ultimately it is Botterill who is responsible for where the team is at. He built this roster, he hired the coaching staff to teach it.

There is no blaming the players, no blaming the coaches, the excuses of not talented enough or lack drive and passion are just that, excuses. It is Jason Botterill who assembled the product on the 8ce, he 8s ultimately the decision maker, and over 3 seasons, it is beyond safe to say, he makes an overwhelming number of poor decisions.

Botterill has been and remains completely ineffective at his job.  He has to be one of the worst GMs in the league right now.

We will do nothing and go nowhere until he's gone. I've been saying that for over a year now.  It's still true.

I am hoping he is terminated at year's end, though I am not looking forward to him doing further damage to this organization at the trade deadline. 

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Botterill has been and remains completely ineffective at his job.  He has to be one of the worst GMs in the league right now.

We will do nothing and nowhere until he's gone. I've been saying that for over a year now.  It's still true.

I am hoping he is terminated at year's end, though I am not looking forward to him doing further damage to this organization at the trade deadline. 

I think Montreal getting a second rounder for Scandella proves this to be true. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think Montreal getting a second rounder for Scandella proves this to be true. 

There is no question he had a little "Jesus, I'm F-ed" moment when he heard that news today, and let's just hope Pegula knows about it and some alarm bells went off in his head.  

Pegula has shown in the past that he will be very supportive of his hires, right up to the moment he turns on them and fires them.

A lot of Sabres fans right now think Botterill is guaranteed to be safe through this off-season and into next season.

I can see Pegula going in a new direct at the deadline.  Or not.  It can go either way.

The 2nd Scandella trade has to be pretty damning, as you mention.

Wow, wake up and see we let 7 goals in vs Ottawa is pathetic, ffs get us a goalie pls. Hutton is probably the worst goalie in the league and nothing can be blamed on a ECHL goalie. Not yet.

But there was more, that penalty on mc was ... wtf? Refs cmon.

Toronto lost aswell and that is even worse, imagine if we would have won which we should have.

Rip

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.