Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I care.  I want them to care.  Even you care (probably), but you are just upset.

Also, I don’t really think the team is getting “blown up”.

I cared for an entire 4 periods in the last 3 months. The Maple Leafs game 2 nights ago and the first tonight. I can't believe how stupid I was to even care one more time for this bunch of losers

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Maybe don’t buy them next season?

Glutton for punishment. Still a Fan. Love the NHL and the Teams and Players that come into the arena.

As far as JBot and his frustration, He should grow up and act like a professional in public.

And NO, I don't feel sorry for him, he took the job convincing  TP he could fix this mess..... 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’ve seen excellent Buffalo Sabres hockey teams.  The 2019-20 Sabres are not one of them.  That was pretty easy to see from the very start.

They are going to lay an egg once in a while.  What I want to see, as a judge of their mindset, is how do they respond.  Is this the start of a 5 game losing streak, or will they come back with stronger performances?

This is where I'm trying to draw optimism from, the belief that they have chance here to actually have a strong, respectable finish. It's not a pointless run to 9th, it's about seeing that this roster and the players on it (most of which WILL be back) have turned a corner. Allowing me to cling to the belief that we are a 2C or good goalie away (or both) from being a playoff team. When is the last time we finished a season strong? Was it 2013? 2012? One of those two - they certainly didn't finish strong in any of the seasons after that. 

It's been a long time. 8 years? I'd like to see it. I'd like to have hope. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

I care.  I want them to care.  Even you care (probably), but you are just upset.

Also, I don’t really think the team is getting “blown up”.

Do you want them to care or trade players for anything you can get?  I wish you'd pick one, you know, since you're the calm one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, we aren't.  Before tonight, we hadn't seen the tire fire that is the Ottawa Senators hang a crooked number on the Sabs.

To me it's more about the missed opportunity and slightly shortened runway. Ottawa has seemed to have our number this year. If I'm not mistaken they have the Leafs', too. Them or Detroit. 

Just now, KC Scouts said:

Glutton for punishment. Still a Fan. Love the NHL and the Teams and Players that come into the arena.

As far as JBot and his frustration, He should grow up and act like a professional in public.

And NO, I don't feel sorry for him, he took the job convincing  TP he could fix this mess..... 

Oh goodness, no, I don’t feel sorry for him either.  But I don’t feel sorry for people with season tickets either.  It’s a lot of money to be spending on hockey, even if the team was good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Do you want them to care or trade players for anything you can get?  I wish you'd pick one, you know, since you're the calm one.

I want the coaches and players to care and give a good performance.  I want Botterill to sell off UFA’s who are not part of the plans for next season.  Simple.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Good strategy to keep them caring.

It’s part of the business of being in the NHL.  It’s what I think would be best for the team long term.

They need to perform best they can, even through adversity.  I honestly don’t think that losing Sheary and/or Vesey would have a huge impact on the on ice talent level.  I’m not advocating trading away 6-7 players, just a couple who are surely not returning.

Edited by Curt

1 minute ago, Curt said:

It’s part of the business of being in the NHL.  It’s what I think would be best for the team long term.

They need to perform best they can, even through adversity.  I honestly don’t think that losing Sheary and/or Vesey would have a huge impact on the on ice talent level.  I’m not advocating trading away 6-7 players, just a couple who are surely not returning.

Those are the only 2 of the 9 UFA's (7 on Sabres roster) you don't see as part of the team going forward?  

IMO none of them are and we'll see mass turnover or some might say blow up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.