Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

True.  The fans are damaged.

I just find the predictable extreme reactionary takes funny.

Your probably too young to have seen Buffalo teams that played hard and cared.  Fans that sold out every home game for decades.  Owners, scouts, GM and coaches that were competent.   A franchise that made the playoffs EVERY year and had star players.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Some chance to no chance.

But seriously, WTF did he see to call hooking!?!? it matters.

The missed penalty shot call was a potential 2 goal swing. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I honestly just feel bad for him at this point. You blame someone for all their mistakes but I see him genuinely upset and, it just feels sh*TTy, with captial ts. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I honestly just feel bad for him at this point. You blame someone for all their mistakes but I see him genuinely upset and, it just feels sh*TTy, with captial ts. 

Good man. 

Still:  JB has plenty of time and plenty of opportunity to bring in a goalie and a good forward and plenty of notice that both were sorely needed.

We all saw it and we all knew it was needed.

Those 2 moves would’ve put this team in or very close to the playoffs.

He’s accountable.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Your probably too young to have seen Buffalo teams that played hard and cared.  Fans that sold out every home game for decades.  Owners, scouts, GM and coaches that were competent.   A franchise that made the playoffs EVERY year and had star players.  

I’ve seen excellent Buffalo Sabres hockey teams.  The 2019-20 Sabres are not one of them.  That was pretty easy to see from the very start.

They are going to lay an egg once in a while.  What I want to see, as a judge of their mindset, is how do they respond.  Is this the start of a 5 game losing streak, or will they come back with stronger performances?

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I’ve seen excellent Buffalo Sabres hockey teams.  The 2019-20 Sabres are not one of them.  That was pretty easy to see from the very start.

They are going to lay an egg once in a while.  What I want to see, as a judge of their mindset, is how do they respond.  Is this the start of a 5 game losing streak, or will they come back with stronger performances?

Jesus, who cares. The entire team is getting blown up in the summer and this season is over

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The missed penalty shot call was a potential 2 goal swing. 

Same here tbh. Genuinely hate to see a man failing at what he does to provide for his family

• Like (+1) 1

Half of me wants to chuck Botteril into the ocean off a plane. The half believes all the other GMs are only low balling him due to the ROR deal and have left him spinning his tires trying to do something.

I'm utterly disappointed; Skinner looks like the non-effective Ennis out there. (As in a lot of flash and dash but nothing coming from it)

Eichel, he's an incredible player but I wish he'd stop trying to force passes with an empty net. Granted, barely anyone moves meaning he pretty much either has to give it back to Dahlin for the 10th time or attempt to thread a needle.

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Jesus, who cares. The entire team is getting blown up in the summer and this season is over

I care.  I want them to care.  Even you care (probably), but you are just upset.

Also, I don’t really think the team is getting “blown up”.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.