Sabres @ Ottawa 7:30 ET, MSG and ESPN+

jsb

I know that I kind of keep saying this, but this team is not that good, they are only ok.  They are probably doing the win a couple/lose a couple thing for the rest of the season and finish with 85 points.

They should not be buying at the deadline just because they beat a couple mediocre teams in a row in the past week.  They should be selling to get assets to build the team for next season.

Sabres fan sentiment has been waffling radically this season based upon the results of the previous few games.  They are not the worst bunch of losers ever, but they also are not actually that good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I know that I kind of keep saying this, but this team is not that good, they are only ok.  They are probably doing the win a couple/lose a couple thing for the rest of the season and finish with 85 points.

They should not be buying at the deadline just because they beat a couple mediocre teams in a row in the past week.  They should be selling to get assets to build the team for next season.

Sabres fan sentiment has been waffling radically this season based upon the results of the previous few games.  They are not the worst bunch of losers ever, but they also are not actually that good.

Yeah, but being Ottawa’s b...h.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If they had a solid goaltender they could survive this stuff. Most good teams have a goalie that will steal some big saves. Hutton isn’t that guy anymore 

Not putting all that on Hutton.  The shortie shook them up and the defense in their end went south.  Team effort there.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who is laughing?  That 3 minutes stretch just cost them their season.  

It’s still only hockey. I’m not the one posting about how the Sabres have completely ruined my ability to enjoy anything. The season was already lost for you, wasn’t it? 

It’s also hyperbolic. 2 goal lead, most dangerous in hockey. As we just saw. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

*Everyone* knows he f*cks up sometimes. No one thinks he’s perfect. 

He makes a mistake and it’s like a run to see who can post “I told you so” first. 

I think that affliction happens with many fans with a few players on this team too. Some fans more than others.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All I'm saying is how does a kid that highly touted still do dumb stuff?

I don’t understand the expectation that any athlete could avoid any type of growing pains. Eichel still makes bad plays. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

An embarrassing loss right after an embarrassing outcome to a trade.

The devil on TP’s shoulder whispering “fire him!” just got 4% more convincing.  

2nd and 3rd are cancelled? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.