Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, Radar said:

Agree it sometimes does. Usually for teams competing for the cup now. More times than not a lot of bad contracts with not great impact.

true, but I'm looking for something to get me looking forward to next season. I know it's early but anxious

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If you're Carolina I can't believe there is any price the Habs could pay to take Aho from you. It'd be insanely stupid by Carolina

There's plenty more to come from that organization when the owner refuses to pay the going rate for just about anything.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Very, very little. 

i think that incarcerated bob is legit.

i'm not saying he's right all the time. and i'm not saying he doesn't do some reading of tea leaves.

but the guy's done enough to prove himself as someone with some inside info.

Just now, shrader said:

There's plenty more to come from that organization when the owner refuses to pay the going rate for just about anything.

Carolina and Ottawa are purely being run as feeder systems at this point. Sure, on occasion they'll be a bunch of jerks or get a Hamburglar (Binnington-esque) goalie run to get into the playoffs, but they're not going to be poised to sustain anything because they're not going to offer market-price second contracts. That means we need to pillage from them.

(coincidentally, we have the Hamburglar now)

Try this on for size: a non-offer sheet version of an offer-sheet compensation.

Let us suppose the Sabres will offer Aho 7 yrs @ 10M AAV, which comes at 7 x 10 / 5 = 14M AAV for compensator purposes.  Dundon is on record saying that he is willing to take the picks if he doesn't like the value of an Aho contract.  Do you offer "immediate" help with Nylander, Mittlestadt, Cozens, and 2020 1st instead of the 4 x 1st round draft choices?

1 minute ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Try this on for size: a non-offer sheet version of an offer-sheet compensation.

Let us suppose the Sabres will offer Aho 7 yrs @ 10M AAV, which comes at 7 x 10 / 5 = 14M AAV for compensator purposes.  Dundon is on record saying that he is willing to take the picks if he doesn't like the value of an Aho contract.  Do you offer "immediate" help with Nylander, Mittlestadt, Cozens, and 2020 1st instead of the 4 x 1st round draft choices?

I’m not putting Cozens or Mittelstadt in an offer for Aho if I’m confident they’d just take the four firsts. I’d be willing to include one if it’s unlikely they don’t match but are open to a trade.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You're too quick for me! I deleted because he was talking about the Sabres or Isles, not the Habs.

Nah. You were right. When you read his other content, he was somewhat guessing at which teams would be doing it, but was more sure that there would be offer sheet activity.

Edit: I did tweak my quote.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.