Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, tom webster said:

There is no way of knowing when one was offered and turned down because no one is really going to confirm it. Only three recent I remember where Shea Weber and ROR and of course Vanek and all were matched.

Of course most famous was Shanahan/ Scott Stevens deal.

How is there no way of knowing? RoR was offered one from Calgary but Colorado matched in 2013

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

There is no way of knowing when one was offered and turned down because no one is really going to confirm it. Only three recent I remember where Shea Weber and ROR and of course Vanek and all were matched.

Right.  People often get confused or misphrase this stuff with offer sheets.  A team offers it to a player.  The player has to accept and sign it or decide to not to.  Then the other team has to match it or take the compensation picks.

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

As far as I remember (too lazy to look anything up), Penner was the last one to actually change teams after signing an offer sheet.  We're talking, what, 13 years at this point?

As for teams not using them, you do have to wonder if it's worth the time spent on a negotiation knowing that you more than likely won't be getting that player.  Sure you can mess with someone else's cap, but that's time wasted that could be spent talking to another free agent instead.  What if you're also missing out on that other guy as well?

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Montreal cleared some space and got some additional picks today moving Shaw and D-Lo. 

I would love if this was us, but I dont think it is sadly.

Aho at 9.5 is thievery in a world where Anders Lee is going to get 9. If Panarin gets 12 or 13 what on Earth is Marner worth?

I can't imagine that the Deslauriers contract was getting in the way of anything.  As crazy as it sounds, the Ducks must have actually wanted him.

Right now it's all the big build-up.. and when the clock strikes noon, there won't be any dust to settle because it's all fictional build-up.

The big names will get paid, but we won't see the offer sheet.  Just can't imagine it will be there right away.

It seems like GMs are hell bent on win now and use the expansion draft and lockout as ways to reset their bad decisions.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Right now it's all the big build-up.. and when the clock strikes noon, there won't be any dust to settle because it's all fictional build-up.

The big names will get paid, but we won't see the offer sheet.  Just can't imagine it will be there right away.

It seems like GMs are hell bent on win now and use the expansion draft and lockout as ways to reset their bad decisions.

Exactly.

Clean up some bad moves from their past and make some new ones!

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

So if by some chance he does sign a sheet somewhere and Carolina actually matches, you can expect them to trade him after a year or two.

He would have to be on the roster for 2019-2020 Per the CBA I believe, but July 1st, 2020 he would be moved probably 

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

By noon? The deadline ends at noon?

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Kind of happy Botterill isn't in the fray today.

Yep.  Keep working the trade market.  I don’t know how a deal with Winnipeg doesn’t exist.  They just lost Trouba and about to lose Myers.  Risto would be a nice replacement.  Isn’t peg up near the cap with Laine and Connor to sign?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Yep.  Keep working the trade market.  I don’t know how a deal with Winnipeg doesn’t exist.  They just lost Trouba and about to lose Myers.  Risto would be a nice replacement.  Isn’t peg up near the cap with Laine and Connor to sign?  

Currently under the floor at $57.6 Million... Albeit with only 14 guys counting against the cap currently

Edited by Sabel79

15 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

By noon? The deadline ends at noon?

No, it starts at noon.  There is no deadline.  Right now it's all posturing and projecting.  It's all buzz and hype.  Then... crickets.. because the big names will sign and that will be that.  No real fireworks.

15 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I'm right there with ya on Winnipeg.

At least we won't be Okposo'd this day? One can only hope......40 minutes and counting.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.