Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, Hoss said:

As it stands I disagree pretty strongly with the Stralman hate. Anybody got some fancy stats to show he’s not a capable top six dman right now? I also like the impact he appears to have had on that room and defense group. If you can get him on a two-year deal I would be good with that.

Sort of like Turris, Stralman had a notably worse 2018-19 than other recent years. I figured it was more blip than gradual decline, but I could easily be wrong. 

11 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think the best plan is to suffer one more year and not panic to add some top free agent. This team needs a year to figure out players like Thompson, Mittle, Olaffson, goalie, and Nylander. Hopefully by 2020, Cozens is the #2 center and Mitts is the #3. I don't see any legit #2 center being on the team this year unless Risto is involved in some sort of trade. 

I absolutely hate that this team probably blows again but I just don't see any other path as it stands now. I would be beyond ecstatic if they could stay within 5 points of 8 this year from start to finish. 

No more sacrificial lamb seasons. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Derrico said:

Botts seems to keep things close to the vest.  For the most part the trades have been announced with little word on it leading up.  Atleast more so then GMTM.

We've had confirmation that Botts spoke with Pavelski and Donskoi, and today it was mentioned by a reputable source on twitter than they inquired on Stralman as well. 

I don't think he runs that tight of a ship in regards to these types of things. Pretty standard. 

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Jbot does seem to do a good job of keeping his business out of the media world.  The Skinner deal was a complete shock.

thefourthperiod.com has us interested in Duchene, Zuccarello and Pavelski.  No shock there and no chance with two of those 3.

Worrying, if true. 

Krueger was on nhl radio today and said this when asked about if he thought about line combinations yet:  

"Free Agency is not over guys. Lets see what happens in the next few days.” 

Link to the interview: https://m.soundcloud.com/siriusxmnhl/ralph-krueger-was-on-the-power-play-with-kouleas-alberga 

Edited by Briere48
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, tom webster said:

I guess I don’t get the Zucc love I read everywhere. The guy has scored over 16 goals exactly once.

I dont think theres love all around for this player but fact is that he is a very good player, looking at scores only feels very strange to me, were not only looking for 

goalscorers, were also looking for players that can create space for others, since when have we had a solid 2nd line you recall? correct me if im wrong but i dont think you know that much about who Zucc is or what kind of player he is, no offence.

Regular season: 511 games, 355 points
Playoffs: 73 games, 42 points

His defensive skills are good, he has a overall +- of 40 and he would be a very good fit for Reinhart, 110 % 

I've watched Zucc since he was very young, when MODO Hockey recruited him from Norway, and everyone knew after just a few games that this kid were going to the NHL without doubt. Thing with Zucc is not only his skills as a player, he is a joker and he is really good at making his teammates feel good, and those types of skills is very very desireble to be able to create that atmosphere within the team "We can do this, lets go". 

This might give you a understanding of who Zucc is and why i believe he is important, 
i didnt see anyone in Sabres missing ror when he left, and the reason is most likely the person you really are and how you affect the ones around you
and that is to me atleast mucho importante to be successful as a team.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Krueger was on nhl radio today and said this when asked about if he thought about line combinations yet:  

"Free Agency is not over guys. Lets see what happens in the next few days.” 

Link to the interview: https://m.soundcloud.com/siriusxmnhl/ralph-krueger-was-on-the-power-play-with-kouleas-alberga 

office space side eye GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, tom webster said:

I guess I don’t get the Zucc love I read everywhere. The guy has scored over 16 goals exactly once.

This isn’t even true.  If his five full NHL seasons he has 19, 15, 26, 15, and 16 goals.  Then last season scored 12 in only 48 games.

@MODO Hockey Thanks for that on Zucc.  He sounds like the type of person the Sabres would like to bring in.  I would love to see him in Buffalo.  I just wonder if he is interested in coming here or if he wants to go to a contender.  Also I wonder about the contract term he would want.  He will be 32 next season, so I don’t think it would be wise to sign him for more than 3 years max.

8 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

This isn’t even true.  If his five full NHL seasons he has 19, 15, 26, 15, and 16 goals.  Then last season scored 12 in only 48 games.

@MODO Hockey Thanks for that on Zucc.  He sounds like the type of person the Sabres would like to bring in.  I would love to see him in Buffalo.  I just wonder if he is interested in coming here or if he wants to go to a contender.  Also I wonder about the contract term he would want.  He will be 32 next season, so I don’t think it would be wise to sign him for more than 3 years max.

There are plenty of reasons for him to come, and as he usually says "Doesnt matter where i go, whats important is that the team i will play for really wants me"

edit: Wrong, they didnt play together but know eachother from the time in MODO.

Give him 3 year, 5 mill, he probably wants more but wouldnt say no to that if it felt right

Edited by MODO Hockey

3 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

There are plenty of reasons for him to come, and as he usually says "Doesnt matter where i go, whats important is that the team i will play for really wants me"

edit: Wrong, they didnt play together but know eachother from the time in MODO.

Give him 3 year, 5 mill, he probably wants more but wouldnt say no to that if it felt right

Thanks for the well thought out rebuttal. I admit I was wrong.

First factually, as he had two seasons over 16, not one.

Second, he’s obviously better then I thought.

Edited by tom webster

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can’t see any reason why Zuc wouldn’t be a great get for the coming season.

Like most UFAs, price and term down the road is what is scary

Yep and if he's looking for 5 years then thanks but no thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm slowly inching over to Flagg's side and say that Dreger is just full of sht. He's on a Sabres radio show and probably just said 'oh yeah I could see them doing that', nothing along the lines of he's actually hearing we're interested or anything

No offense Brawndo, always appreciate the updates 

Just now, Brawndo said:

And Dan Girardi was sighted at the Sabres Development Camp allegedly 

Well now that is something. Any idea by who? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Saw people saying that Girardi trains here because he's from close by, so not sure that means anything. If those people know what they're talking about. Which they probably don't

His Wiki states he lives in Fort Erie during the off-season. 

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So I don't really know how I feel about this. On one hand, MDZ is an ultra competitive top notch player. However, another 5 year term pact with a player in his 30's just screams nightmare. See: Moulson, Okposo. I'm just not sure! You're likely overpaying him in years to come to Buffalo. He'd be an amazing fit and upgrade, but I'm just NOT sure.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

LeBrun says the Sabres have shown interest in Brian Boyle.

Talk about the epitome of what this team needs in the bottom six.  If you can get him for one or two years he's an immediate upgrade.  I'm perfectly okay with Mittelstadt being sent down to the AHL for the season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.