Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

31 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yes it did. What could Pitt possibly offer, a 3rd? I can't see us taking a player back. If we are moving Sheary, I'm of the mind it's to make room for a multi-player deal coming down the pipeline. Just me though.

Still believe any meaningful moves will be draft and off season. Deadline will be trying to get something for upcoming UFA's who we're not going to try and sign. Don't expect much deadline drama.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Radar said:

Still believe any meaningful moves will be draft and off season. Deadline will be trying to get something for upcoming UFA's who we're not going to try and sign. Don't expect much deadline drama.

And this may very well be as well.

No Sabres held out of games yet This close to the deadline save Rodriguez. All our d men are playing. We'll see what happens tomorrow come game time, but Monday is when I expect a move or 2, if they win tomorrow.

After all, the playoffs are still within reach and some teams, like Toronto for example, may get desperate enough to pull the trigger.

Edited by Scottysabres

15 hours ago, Weave said:

You know what else fuels a losing culture?  Letting go serviceable NHL'ers at the deadline and telling your team winning isn't important anymore this season.

It's time for management to show this team that we are not accepting losing anymore.  A couple of 3rd, 4th round picks aren't enough of a difference to matter 4 years down the road. 

I don't agree. You're not going to tell me Montreal is now a losing culture because they do the smart thing and move out their UFAs. Heck Toronto is talking about moving Tyson Barrie since it seems he won't be resigning and they are a playoff team right now. 

You need to get better, not stay the same. You offer solid contracts to anyone you want to keep, and if they choose to test the market let them go. 

Nobody in the bottom half of this roster is important to this team's possible future success. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't agree. You're not going to tell me Montreal is now a losing culture because they do the smart thing and move out their UFAs. Heck Toronto is talking about moving Tyson Barrie since it seems he won't be resigning and they are a playoff team right now. 

You need to get better, not stay the same. You offer solid contracts to anyone you want to keep, and if they choose to test the market let them go. 

Nobody in the bottom half of this roster is important to this team's possible future success. 

Montreal is in a different situation.  They haven’t been floundering for a decade.   They have an expectation of winning that this team doesn’t have.  Setting that expectation is a helluva lot more important than 2-3 picks with a 15% chance of becoming NHL players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

Montreal is in a different situation.  They haven’t been floundering for a decade.   They have an expectation of winning that this team doesn’t have.  Setting that expectation is a helluva lot more important than 2-3 picks with a 15% chance of becoming NHL players.

It also might be important to remove as many players who have been here in this culture as possible. or guys like Vesey who have not been here long enough to care. 

I suspect, however, there is not much interest in any of them, so it kind of doesn't matter. 

Larsson, Sheary have value.

Vesey and ERod probably are drawing interest.

If the Sabres Win Today they are six points back.

Botterill’s only move thus far was trading for Frolic.

No other goalies or bonafide Top Six Forwards were brought in. 

Trading His UFAs at that point shows the team you have little faith in them, particularly to your Captain. 

They aren’t making the playoffs but, make these last games count 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think both the above philosophies make sense and don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

I think you’d be foolish not to trade at least some of Frolik Sheary Vesey Larry Zemgus if there is a worthwhile return coming back and you know the player isn’t re-signing with us.

But the overall effect can’t be a straight sell-off for picks, we also need to be adding some actual players that can play down the stretch and might be with us in the fall.

Instead if Vesey for a 3rd, Vesey for an Asplund-type prospect. And if there is another Montour-type futures-for-still-young-NHLer deal to be had, go for it, even if it means flipping a Larry to get the pick we need to make that deal.

It’s being reported that Colorado 1st round bust Tyson Jost will be dumped by the deadline.

Not sure if our Shearys and Larssons move the needle for the Avs, or if his value around the league has dropped that much.

But he looks like the type JBot would target. He doesn’t really play like him, but he’s basically Alex Nylander.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

It’s being reported that Colorado 1st round bust Tyson Jost will be dumped by the deadline.

Not sure if our Shearys and Larssons move the needle for the Avs, or if his value around the league has dropped that much.

But he looks like the type JBot would target. He doesn’t really play like him, but he’s basically Alex Nylander.

EROD and a prospect maybe? 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

This is exactly what this team has been missing.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Jost has skating problems which is much different to Mitts problems. He’s at very least a good skater.

Jost could become a solid defensively responsible center according to Avs fans but it sounds like he’d just be a slower ROR-lite

Rather have Compher back lol

• Like (+1) 1

With Botterill being in Ottawa for our 7 - 4 shellacking, I believe Pageau has been targeted as our line 2 center upgrade. Also, I don't think that was the only piece, I believe he may be looking at Namestnikov as a RW upgrade as well. Just trying to connect the dots, I mean, why in the hell else would Botterill and Saxton be in Ottawa for that game, where it was reported him and Dorian met and spoke for some time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.