Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Recommended Posts

I wonder if the Arizona Coyotes get interested with Niklas Hjalmarsson going down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsb said:

I wonder if the Arizona Coyotes get interested with Niklas Hjalmarsson going down

Chayka is huge into analytics, they're not touching Risto 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Are you suggesting that Miller is not physical? 

 

Also it would be pretty dumb to trade away Miller when you just got him and he's the best d contract. 

I’m not suggesting Miller should be traded.  I went and looked and I’m surprised my how many hits Miller has been credited for the last two years.  I don’t think of him as physical player and I certainly think of Scandella as a more physical, despite the hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have a hard time believing the player they acquired in February using a 1st round pick and Guhle is the odd man out. 

Don’t let that blind you to the possibility though. If he’s the one of the 2 that gets you Ehlers, then it’s bon voyage. I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a 60 point player though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What is recency bias. 

Assuming that we couldn’t trade Montour because we only recently acquired him, Alex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

If Montour returns, Dahlin shifts to LD and Scandella is the 7D scratch until Risto gets traded. 

One problem with this: Dahlin is already playing LD. Our RD that are playing currently Risto, Miller, and Joker

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jsb said:

I wonder if the Arizona Coyotes get interested with Niklas Hjalmarsson going down

Not sure about the Coyotes, but my wife read your quote and smiled.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over the Capfriendly Buffalo page.

Man, we are flush with NHL caliber D men, but then, this has been discussed at length. What I am looking at is the winger situation. We are flush with left handed shots, and our prospect pool in the AHL is filled with 18 to 21 yr old C/LW's.

The Sabres need RW'ers, at every level, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Looking over the Capfriendly Buffalo page.

Man, we are flush with NHL caliber D men, but then, this has been discussed at length. What I am looking at is the winger situation. We are flush with left handed shots, and our prospect pool in the AHL is filled with 18 to 21 yr old C/LW's.

The Sabres need RW'ers, at every level, no?

A lot of wingers can play either side and some even prefer the off wing, so it may not be as big a deal as you think. Versatility is also a plus with the coach too.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am at the point where unless you get back a top line winger, Risto stays. I am not even sure I make that trade with his amazing contract.

The contract is fine, but it’s not amazing.  He is the highest paid D on the roster.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Curt said:

The contract is fine, but it’s not amazing.  He is the highest paid D on the roster.

That’s fine, somebody has to be. Look at the contracts his peers are signing. Tyler Myers just got $7m! Risto will get that on the open market once his contract is finish, if not more. He’s a steal for two (one?) more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #freejame said:

That’s fine, somebody has to be. Look at the contracts his peers are signing. Tyler Myers just got $7m! Risto will get that on the open market once his contract is finish, if not more. He’s a steal for two (one?) more year.

Context matters.  It’s a RFA contract signed several years ago VS a UFA contract just signed.  The contract has definitely gotten better over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #freejame said:

That’s fine, somebody has to be. Look at the contracts his peers are signing. Tyler Myers just got $7m! Risto will get that on the open market once his contract is finish, if not more. He’s a steal for two (one?) more year.

He's a steal for 2.9 seasons if he's traded in the next 7 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, triumph_communes said:

If Montour returns, Dahlin shifts to LD and Scandella is the 7D scratch until Risto gets traded. 

It will be very interesting to see who Krueger sits when Montour is back, but i really don't think Scandella will be the one sitting. Not only has he played good but Krueger sees him like a leader. And his pairing with Jokiharju has been very strong. I don't think they will want to split those two up.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Reino23 said:

It will be very interesting to see who Krueger sits when Montour is back, but i really don't think Scandella will be the one sitting. Not only has he played good but Krueger sees him like a leader. And his pairing with Jokiharju has been very strong. I don't think they will want to split those two up.

Considering, they seem to like Montour with Dahlin, Miller could be the odd man out. 

Wouldn't be shocked to see any of Miller, Scandella, or Jokiharju odd man out should they actually be injury free among the 6 regulars by the time Montour is healthy.   Would be shocked if Dahlin, McCabe, or Ristolainen went to the press box.

But 1 single injury makes all the handwringing moot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easy move is to put Bogo on LTIR and send Jokiharju down when Montour is ready.   He doesn't need to clear waivers and he can play 25min a night in Roch while he continues to get stronger... he's only 20.   There will.no doubt be more injuries on the blueline, so he'll likely be back sooner than later.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The easy move is to put Bogo on LTIR and send Jokiharju down when Montour is ready.   He doesn't need to clear waivers and he can play 25min a night in Roch while he continues to get stronger... he's only 20.   There will.no doubt be more injuries on the blueline, so he'll likely be back sooner than later.

When you have the GM saying Jokiharju and Olofsson should get a house, that doesn't sound like he agrees with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

When you have the GM saying Jokiharju and Olofsson should get a house, that doesn't sound like he agrees with you.

Rochester just a short drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

When you have the GM saying Jokiharju and Olofsson should get a house, that doesn't sound like he agrees with you.

With cheap housing prices, these players make enough money to buy a house in both cities. Maybe Botts was giving them investment advice. They can rent it out while they are in Roch. 

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kas23 said:

With cheap housing prices, these players make enough money to buy a house in both cities. Maybe Botts was giving them investment advice. They can rent it out while they are in Roch. 

I don't think that's it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scandella still has been the weakest link on defense.  When Montour is back, Gilmour gets waived and I bet Scandella sits some.

 

Granted, injuries will quickly change this and a Ristolainen trade does as well, which I still believe happens at some point.

 

Pilut will probably remain in the AHL too until injuries or a trade makes a change happen.

 

Depth.  Depth are good problems to have.  I like these problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...