Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

If the Sabres are in the playoff hunt and Scandella is still playing well, I keep him for the playoff run. How much would he bring back? Does he push another team over the top, making the team regret the trade? The team chemistry could be permanently disrupted. 

If Pilut or Gilmour could play at Scandella’s current level it could happen but we know how important depth is in a playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

If the Sabres are in the playoff hunt and Scandella is still playing well, I keep him for the playoff run. How much would he bring back? Does he push another team over the top, making the team regret the trade? The team chemistry could be permanently disrupted.

I still think they need to add to the forwards if they want to really sustain this run and avoid a repeat of last season. I don't think Scandella would get you much anything beside a pick, but you might need to do that deal to facilitate another move that brings a scoring forward to Buffalo.

40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

8. Evan Rodrigues has played just six games for Buffalo. There are teams who really liked what they saw of him last season. He’d be perfect for both Ottawa and Toronto, although I’m not sure the Sabres would want to help the Maple Leafs.

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts 

I agree that he'd be a great fit in Ottawa or Toronto or anywhere else that's not Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Man, Evan was someone I was pulling for and I thought was not being utilized properly. But at 2nd glance.... He's.... Bad. 

I don’t think he is bad.  He has been bad so far this season.  I still think he will be an NHL 3rd/4th liner for the next several years, even if it’s not in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.