Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Do we really want Winnipeg’s third liner?  Unless it’s Ehlers then I’m ready to see what Risto looks like in our group.

I'd rather have Roslovic, and Jokiharju in the lineup, than Risto. But I'm not really thrilled with either of those two if those are the only options. I wouldn't like that trade. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is why I've always dismissed Winnipeg as a trade partner. 

Ya. Unless there's some sort of bigger deal being worked out, I don't think we are going to like who we get back if that's the team. But I still have a feeling it's them given they seem to fit most as the team being held up by RFAs that we'd be waiting on. You'd think the deal would have already happened with someone else if not. 

23 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm not. I'd put everything I own on this current forward group being unable to make the playoffs as it stands, where I can't say the same about our team sans Risto but with some forward help

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if all of our starting 12 forwards are already here

Does roselvic or whatever his name change that?  Let’s atleast hope the D is stout.

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya. Unless there's some sort of bigger deal being worked out, I don't think we are going to like who we get back if that's the team. But I still have a feeling it's them given they seem to fit most as the team being held up by RFAs that we'd be waiting on. You'd think the deal would have already happened with someone else if not. 

This is my point.  If we’re not happy with the return then what are we doing here?  I still don’t want to trade him just to trade him.  Give my depth with joker in roch if so be it. 

Still expect Ristolainen to get traded before the season starts.  Botterill has simply brought too many RHDs in to believe he hasn't had the framework of a deal in the works since July.  (Though with Gardiner getting scooped up, no longer expecting 2 NHL deals; just the 1.)

And realistically, until this past week, the league has been locked into a stasis since then.

34 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Does roselvic or whatever his name change that?  Let’s atleast hope the D is stout.

This is my point.  If we’re not happy with the return then what are we doing here?  I still don’t want to trade him just to trade him.  Give my depth with joker in roch if so be it. 

He doesn't, but we have assets to attach to Risto, and Tom knows something about Florida that the rest of us don't, and a Florida winger just might. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Man I'd be interested to see what they could do with the Panthers. If I could pick a team that I hope we trade with, it's them. (From the ones that have been rumored at least)

I wonder that too. The obvious name is Huberdeau but i doubt this close to the season it would be a trade of two established players. I'm thinking it would be more picks/prospects.

1 hour ago, Briere48 said:

I wonder that too. The obvious name is Huberdeau but i doubt this close to the season it would be a trade of two established players. I'm thinking it would be more picks/prospects.

19 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think we'd have to add quite a bit to get him too. But I'd be willing to go there.

I doubt Florida makes that move. 

Risto for Henrik Borgstrom might be more realistic.

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Are the people who were on the side of "(Sabres) moves still coming, RFAs holding things up" still in that camp today? Or is Botterill done his "roster surgery" now, and all that's left is whittling the roster down through camp?

Sabres open the preseason tomorrow against Pittsburgh, and the regular season in 2.5 weeks vs those same Pens. 

I still expect Risto to be dealt to either Winnipeg or Florida.

Paul Hamilton with astute observation. Group playing tomorrow is group Risto has been practicing with but he’s not going.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

The Roster for tomorrow 

Interesting that Risto has been with this group, but will not travel with them 

12 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Paul Hamilton with astute observation. Group playing tomorrow is group Risto has been practicing with but he’s not going.

Wait! Brawndo is Paul Hamilton?

But I like Brawndo, and he, like, knows stuff.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Never on there ya lost me lol

It's a thing for some of the less-internet-adjusted people on facebook to comment on really spammy memes as if they're worth reading, stuff like

"Find the m!" 

nnnnnnnnnnnnmnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

"SHARE AND LIEK WHEN U DO, ONLY .1% OF PEOPLE GET THIS" 

And a lot of the memes like that are math "equations" that are not well-posed and deliberately ambiguous, depending on whether you use PEMDAS or other equivalent order of operations methods, when really if you know how to use parenthesis in a math equation you'd never ever even need PEMDAS, and then everyone shares the pictures and argues over whether the answer is 3, 9, or 0 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I doubt Florida makes that move. 

Risto for Henrik Borgstrom might be more realistic.

I like Borgstrom. He’s less likely to solve our 2C problem than Casey is. Year older and less productive last year.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Give me Trocheck or give me death!

He is the perfect solution to what ails this team.

But I don’t understand why Florida is being considered.

Can’t see why they would trade one of their top six forwards to upgrade their top 4 D. 

Cant see why the Sabres would trade Risto for a package of futures.

Edited by dudacek

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I like Borgstrom. He’s less likely to solve our 2C problem than Casey is. Year older and less productive less year.

He is the perfect solution to what ails this team.

But I don’t understand why Florida is being considered.

Can’t see why they would trade one of their top six forwards to upgrade their top 4 D. 

Cant see why the Sabres would trade Risto for a package of futures.

I'm concocting a "Q hates russians" narrative to convince myself we're getting Dadonov (who isn't as far below Huberdeau's level as one might think)

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

I don't think it means anything because others aren't going either from that group. Jacob Bryson is one of them.

Edit: from that group.....Risto/ Bryson out......Nelson/ Hickey in.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.