Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Are the people who were on the side of "(Sabres) moves still coming, RFAs holding things up" still in that camp today? Or is Botterill done his "roster surgery" now, and all that's left is whittling the roster down through camp?

Sabres open the preseason tomorrow against Pittsburgh, and the regular season in 2.5 weeks vs those same Pens. 

Edited by Thorny

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Are the people who were on the side of "(Sabres) moves still coming, RFAs holding things up" still in that camp today? Or is Botterill done his "roster surgery" now, and all that's left is whittling the roster down through camp?

Sabres open the preseason tomorrow against Pittsburgh, and the regular season in 2.5 weeks vs those same Pens. 

I don't expect any moves until October now.

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I still expect Risto to be dealt to either Winnipeg or Florida.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't expect any moves until October now.

Like, trades? Once the season gets going? 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I won't go so far as to predict the team, but yea, I still think Risto gets moved. 

Before the season starts? 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yes. Lots of time left. 

2 weeks! 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Yes, trades. I could see some stuff during preseason but it's much more likely at this point that it'll be during the first week or two of the season now given historical trends.

Could happen, but he’s had all summer. If we are sitting at game 1 with Risto on the roster, he’s probably here till at least the deadline 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm of the opinion that there was enough talk earlier in the offseason that any trade doesn't have to be built from scratch. With contracts falling into place, it's just a matter of nudging what was already thoroughly discussed. 

Winnipeg REALLY sticks out still

59 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I still expect Risto to be dealt to either Winnipeg or Florida.

If Winnipeg does not acquire a real defenceman before the season, Jets fans should be furious.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm of the opinion that there was enough talk earlier in the offseason that any trade doesn't have to be built from scratch. With contracts falling into place, it's just a matter of nudging what was already thoroughly discussed. 

Yep. One side just has to say yes.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Man I'd be interested to see what they could do with the Panthers. If I could pick a team that I hope we trade with, it's them. (From the ones that have been rumored at least)

This. Winnipeg makes me nauseous as a trade partner. We are ideal for them, them, not so much for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Do we really want Winnipeg’s third liner?  Unless it’s Ehlers then I’m ready to see what Risto looks like in our group.

I'm not. I'd put everything I own on this current forward group being unable to make the playoffs as it stands, where I can't say the same about our team sans Risto but with some forward help

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if all of our starting 12 forwards are already here

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.