Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Key to happiness: find someone who loves you as much as @Randall Flagg hates NHL talking heads. 

I'll never forgive Dreger for coming on multiple times over a span of weeks to say, in his own words, "the phones were hot about Kane" only to after the fact mention that Botts received exactly one phone call during all of that time with a serious offer for Kane, minutes before the deadline

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd definitely wait til the draft lottery to do something like that. It was the kind of thing I was asking for last June 

Yep, I’m with you on this.  I thought for sure a Risto to Tampa trade was going to happen last off-season.  Not holding my breath anything changes.  

• Like (+1) 1

I would rather Botterill do nothing at the trade deadline than trade one of 22/28. So if he did nothing, I'd be net-happy. 

My highest preference would be for him to move Frolik, and one of Sheary/Vesey/Rodrigues (though idk who plays 3C if evan goes even if i don't really like him there). 

I just don't think an  impact trade for next year is feasible right now so I'm not going to hold that against him 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'll never forgive Dreger for coming on multiple times over a span of weeks to say, in his own words, "the phones were hot about Kane" only to after the fact mention that Botts received exactly one phone call during all of that time with a serious offer for Kane, minutes before the deadline

Dreger's phone was hot about Kane... because someone asked him. No need to analyze it further.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I would rather Botterill do nothing at the trade deadline than trade one of 22/28. So if he did nothing, I'd be net-happy. 

My highest preference would be for him to move Frolik, and one of Sheary/Vesey/Rodrigues (though idk who plays 3C if evan goes even if i don't really like him there). 

I just don't think an  impact trade for next year is feasible right now so I'm not going to hold that against him 

Ain't nobody trading for Frolik now. He's somehow worse than he was before he got here.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

To be fair, they may have been hot with offers that weren't considered 'serious', or maybe there was an electrical problem in the office caused by Kane that made the phones overheat?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Ain't nobody trading for Frolik now. He's somehow worse than he was before he got here.

Everybody has a tradeable price, just depends on what your willing to accept for them. Someone may be willing to take Frolik for a 5th if the Sabres throw in a sweetner to the deal ( and not the ones that TG used to pocket/steal)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Plus he's hurt isn't he? Or was he just sick

Sick 

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Everybody has a tradeable price, just depends on what your willing to accept for them. Someone may be willing to take Frolik for a 5th if the Sabres throw in a sweetner to the deal ( and not the ones that TG used to pocket/steal)

We'd probably have to retain salary. His cap hit suuuuuucks 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Did we actually think we'd get a 2C straight up for Risto? The NHL tends to think he's awful. 

You gotta put him in a package with Mitts, a first, both, more, something 

They also got their hands on the Ottawa tape from last game

58 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Botterill's not going to give up what it would take to get Cirelli, because Cirelli's value comes from his potential to flourish in a new role, and Botterill has shown to be bad at matching players and what they've done on other teams to what they can do on his team. He looks for guys who put up numbers elsewhere already, and assumes that they'll continue here. He'll say "but this guy only has 55 points playing on Tampa, why would I give up this haul for a guy like that" and go add Henrique for fewer assets, or something 

This makes me sad.  I hope he does something soon to make this look less true.

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So far Jbot has effectively slammed a door and thrown papers on the ground. 

I think his next move should be throwing a cup of coffee, that'll really show those players he's not messing around. 

Please, dont waste any espresso

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

If the players game play frustrates him so, maybe he should do something about it lol

Sadly, he thinks he has ?

I'm kinda getting to the point where I don't want any deadline deals, it appears there is nothing out there at this time that will help us long term, and the time has passed for in season help. 

I want no moves, and I was Jbot replaced. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, shrader said:

To be fair, it's a single quote pulled from an entire interview.  I'm sure it fits much better when hearing the whole thing.

No, not really.  Basically he said a Ristolainen trade is tough because both sides risk significant possibility of getting burned badly.

Just now, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast.

Sheary is drawing interest from Pittsburgh and Nashville.

Larry is drawing interest as well. 

Some other stuff in the Botts should go thread..

Unless Botterill has a Keith Tkachuk - St. Louis type agreement in place with either/ both Larsson and Girgensons that they want to be here next year but would be happy to get the team additional assets for next year when they'll be back (and there's no friggin' way he has such a deal with either), am going to be extremely unhappy with either 1 getting traded in the next 4 days unless a true 2C with term is the centerpiece of what comes back for the package they were a part of (and there's almost no way that would happen in a deadline deal).

Sheary?  Well, like they say, don't let the door hit ya ...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.