Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

If he trades Risto, that is 100% my cue to abandon season tickets next year. I fully expect it to happen though because idiot boy only trades the players I want to keep in exchange for players that will be on another team within 2 years.

I thought you officially abandon this team a couple years ago? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Ooh, a "Team Montour" member. 

Team Montour is fine: nfreeman, Flagg I guess?, darksabre?, ... ? 
Team Montour sucks: most other posters 

He doesn't suck, but you'd have to do some work to convince me he's a top-4 guy on a good team unless you're structured with a prime Keith-Seabrook style pair where you're really a top-2 bottom-4 setup. 

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

If he trades Risto, that is 100% my cue to abandon season tickets next year. I fully expect it to happen though because idiot boy only trades the players I want to keep in exchange for players that will be on another team within 2 years.

Funny, trading Risto would me by cue to believe in the team's direction ?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

How much is Botteril going o overpay Montour in his next contract?   He's already wasted a first round pick and a good prospect on him.   I'm worried were about to see another Skinner contract coming.

Im a bit surprised by the growing anti-Montour sentiment.

He has a bit more flash than substance, but he skates really well, moves the puck, competes well enough and tends to contribute to more goals for us than goals for them.

One of the few Botterill additions that does more than take up space.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

He doesn't suck, but you'd have to do some work to convince me he's a top-4 guy on a good team unless you're structured with a prime Keith-Seabrook style pair where you're really a top-2 bottom-4 setup. 

What about that season with the Ducks? 22 mins in a WCF run, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson the other guys? 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like Montour.  He's an outstanding skater, has good hockey IQ, can play in every situation and is on a steady improvement arc IMHO.  I think perhaps for some posters he's tainted by association with JB and the over-weighting of defensemen on the roster, but I think he'll prove out to be a very good player.

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

update:
Team Montour is fine: nfreeman, darksabre, Flagg, dudacek, pi2000, DarthEbriate, WC
Team middle ground: Swamp, True, freester
Team Montour sucks: inkman, so many posters in random GDTs that I just can't remember who said what, but I swear there are a lot of 'em 

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

update:
Team Montour is fine: nfreeman, darksabre, Flagg, dudacek, pi2000
Team middle ground: Swamp, True
Team Montour sucks: inkman, freester?, so many posters in random GDTs that I just can't remember who said what, but I swear there are a lot of 'em 

Throw me in the Montour is solid/fine group. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What about that season with the Ducks? 22 mins in a WCF run, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson the other guys? 

Meh. Once upon a time, Andrew Hammond looked like the second coming of Hasek for a similar stretch of games. Brian Bickell was a clutch playoff hero. 

Montour is fine, I certainly don't hate him. But he's pretty expendable for me. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Im a bit surprised by the growing anti-Montour sentiment.

He has a bit more flash than substance, but he skates really well, moves the puck, competes well enough and tends to contribute to more goals for us than goals for them.

One of the few Botterill additions that does more than take up space.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

update:
Team Montour is fine: nfreeman, darksabre, Flagg, dudacek, pi2000
Team middle ground: Swamp, True
Team Montour sucks: inkman, freester?, so many posters in random GDTs that I just can't remember who said what, but I swear there are a lot of 'em 

I don't think Montour sucks, rather he is a solid bottom 4 defensemen.  I feel like Botteril overpaid to acquire Montour, and he is not much better than Guhle.  We are also overstocked at RD and I think Botteril is going to overpay Montour on his new contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sekera... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. (Except earlier this year when we played against him and I remembered him.)

I'm still of the Lydman/Montour mindset, that if we get the right partner (his inner Tallinder) for him, Montour becomes a truly good #2 guy. And he's a top-4 if he just plays with whomever. So general @Randall Flagg, count me in as a Team Montour.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, freester said:

I don't think Montour sucks, rather he is a solid bottom 4 defensemen.  I feel like Botteril overpaid to acquire Montour, and he is not much better than Guhle.  We are also overstocked at RD and I think Botteril is going to overpay Montour on his new contract.

Guhle can't crack the lineup as a regular on a bad team. Montour is considerably better. 

• Like (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

You're thinking of the 4th time he did it, this would be 13 I think

And I'll keep abandoning it GDamnit. The only reason I MIGHT come back next year is the royal blue jersey.....and if they find a #2 Center, and another top 6 winger..................and a goalie..........................and if they install a LLoyds at the arena. ONLY THEN!!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Sekera... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. (Except earlier this year when we played against him and I remembered him.)

I'm still of the Lydman/Montour mindset, that if we get the right partner (his inner Tallinder) for him, Montour becomes a truly good #2 guy. And he's a top-4 if he just plays with whomever. So general @Randall Flagg, count me in as a Team Montour.

It's funny, because Montour seems to work okay with Risto.

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

And I'll keep abandoning it GDamnit. The only reason I MIGHT come back next year is the royal blue jersey.....and if they find a #2 Center, and another top 6 winger..................and a goalie..........................and if they install a LLoyds at the arena. ONLY THEN!!!!

It's an irreplacable role, you do it better than anyone! 

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

God, I hope Lloyd’s never comes to the arena…  It’s just not that good. In my opinion

Mighty taco?… Now we’re talking!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's still young and will get better.    Hope they keep him.

Lol, you think a 25 year old player with over 200 nhl games is going to "get better" to any worthwhile degree.  Lol sure. 

Oh he'll be 26 in april. Even better. Wish Reinhart had his magical powers of improvement. Oh well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.