Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Tampa has about 1.8M in cap. If you took Cirelli and a dump like Schenn back that frees up 1.4M more for 3.2ish.  Risto makes 5.4.  Make the trade, Sabres retain 2.7. Tampa still has a little wiggle room, the Sabres make a little room by moving 2.7 out and only taking 1.4 in return.  You then in turn dump Schenn to whomever for whatever and free up 700k more.  Waiving Bogo also gives the Sabres a little more than a million of extra cap space to use, assuming he isn't traded entirely.

It's easier with Miller which might be why the rumor is about him. He also has 3 more years of team control at a reasonable number whereas Risto only has 2 and is much more expensive.

How about this.  Too rich?

Out: Ristolainen (50% retained)

In: Cirelli, Schenn (cap dump), Vancouver's conditional 1st (which is either a low first this year or a first next year).  I added the pick as compensation for us retaining salary which helps Tampa immensely.

no way Miller nets Cirelli

I would trade Mitts and a first. I'd add a small piece or two.

its like paying to upgrade Mitts to a level you hope he can become, right now.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

From Tampa to Buffalo for Miller and a 2021 second, which I find laughable.  Still, I am reporting what I hear, not what I think can happen.

Who is telling you this, was that hockeybuzz's deal? Or are you being serious

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Stahp. Good God if this was offered and not taken jbot should be thrown into the lake.

If it was offered and is accepted jbot should by tried as a witch and thrown into the lake.

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Who is telling you this, was that hockeybuzz's deal? Or are you being serious

Honestly.  I'm not believing it for a second, mind you, but that's what I was hearing yesterday.  Yes, I think it's nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What's the nature of your source? It'd at least be refreshing to know that the Sabres know what good players are hehe

It's not what I would consider a reliable source, but the guy does read a LOT about Buffalo sports.  Just please remember that I posted this yesterday:

From Tampa to Buffalo for Miller and a 2021 second, which I find laughable.  Still, I am reporting what I hear, not what I think can happen.

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

14 hours ago, tom webster said:

For what it’s worth, Tampa had two personnel people besides regular scout at game yesterday.

Not sure on what is happening, but, Eleven, whatever your hearing with regards to Tampa being involved, and Tom's post here, there is a tweet out there about Tampa's assistant director of player personnel being at the last game along with the head of pro scouting for Tampa and another scout. There were 3 of them there according to what is being posted elsewhere.

Have no idea who they were even scouting, just trying to connect some dots, but if your source is even slightly in the know, it looks like 2+2 is at least equaling a single digit, so it looks to be inside the ball park. And thank you for sharing.

Some things are as inevitable as the tide, including rumors that team X is going to part with coveted young player Y due to a cap crunch, thereby solving team Z's desperate need for a guy just like player Y.

It never happens. 

What does happen is team X gives team N a pick or a prospect to take overpaid veteran player O, thereby alleviating team X's cap crunch and allowing team X to keep young player Y.

That's what is going to happen with TB and Cirelli.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Some things are as inevitable as the tide, including rumors that team X is going to part with coveted young player Y due to a cap crunch, thereby solving team Z's desperate need for a guy just like player Y.

It never happens. 

What does happen is team X gives team N a pick or a prospect to take overpaid veteran player Z, thereby alleviating team X's cap crunch and allowing team X to keep young player Y.

There are too many variables in there for me to solve for X (and is Z a player or a team?), but I will note that both Tampa and Buffalo have cap problems.

Again, I am just repeating what I've heard; I do not have faith in it.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There are too many variables in there for me to solve for X (and is Z a player or a team?), but I will note that both Tampa and Buffalo have cap problems.

Again, I am just repeating what I've heard; I do not have faith in it.

Ooooooooooohhh.  You got me.  Now fixed, but it still hurts.

40 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It never happens. 

What does happen is team X gives team N a pick or a prospect to take overpaid veteran player O, thereby alleviating team X's cap crunch and allowing team X to keep young player Y.

In general I agree with you.  However, if you go look at Tampa’s roster and who has NMC.  There are very limited options of players with any notable salary that don’t have a NMC, and they need resign Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak coming off their ELC’s in the same offseason that Vasilevsky’s cap hit increases by $6M.

Im not saying that they definitely can’t find a way to wiggle out of it without losing a good young player, but their situation this offseason will be worse than it was last offseason.

I would get our third back and use an offer sheet, if anything just to make them squirm for always getting ludicrous sweetheart deals. 

They are a great team in a great location, and I think everyone but Kuch and Point have no trade clauses on their contracts. Make an offer sheet high enough and they'll sweat, deservedly so.

worst case scenario, life gets harder for  a division rival. Best case, you get a player.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I would get our third back and use an offer sheet, if anything just to make them squirm for always getting ludicrous sweetheart deals. 

They are a great team in a great location, and I think everyone but Kuch and Point have no trade clauses on their contracts. Make an offer sheet high enough and they'll sweat, deservedly so.

worst case scenario, life gets harder for  a division rival. Best case, you get a player.

In concept, great idea.  But the player still has to sign.  Worst case is we make a ridiculous offer and he chooses to forgo and accept a bridge to stay.  Then it’s leaked only exacerbating the perception of anti-hockey heaven.

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman reporting that Vincent Trocheck from Florida maybe available for defensive help 

Just coming to post this.

First fresh name to pop free that makes a ton of sense for us - two more years at 4.7, just 26.
Florida fans are really down on him right now, but his general style of game seems a good fit, now and moving forward. Plus, he wins faceoffs.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman reporting that Vincent Trocheck from Florida maybe available for defensive help 

This is the type of move that makes sense for Buffalo, if it’s possible.  A D (Montour or Risto) plus a pick or prospect for Trochek?  Under contract for a couple more years and young enough that it could make sense to keep him around beyond that.  I’m sure he wouldn’t come cheap though.

Edited by Curt

Supposedly Trocheck has dropped off a cliff in play according to Florida fans. Some of them want to give him away because he continuously turns the puck over. So I would exercise caution.

That being said, his stats aren't terrible for a 2nd line center. 

Montour & Frolik (50%)

for

Trocheck and a 4th

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Remember those people who would tell us that wasting 3rd round picks on awful players like Jimmy Vesey is smart because those picks have no value? Yup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.