Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

"After surrendering his top selection in this year’s draft to the Ottawa Senators as part of the deal to get defenceman Erik Karlsson in September 2018, the word is Wilson is embarrassed that could be a lottery selection because of the backwards turn the Sharks have taken this season and, as a result, he’ll try desperately to get a first-rounder back at this year’s deadline."

Caught this on another venue. If true, Botterill should be all over this.

My view, Hertl for Okposo and the 2020 1st unprotected, if the deal is done like right now. If not, the closer to the deadline, I would have to see where the Sabres sit in the standings, but yea, Hertl would be an immediate 2C.

I doubt they move Hertl. Quick look doesn't appear to be anything in the pipeline worth grabbing forward wise, but maybe someone better on prospects can confirm that.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't think a trade is in the works this year. Really what do we have to trade that other teams want? Frankly who is available that realistically we could get? One, we only have handful of players with value enough to get what we need and we're not going to trade one of them to just create another hole in our lineup. And again who's available worth trading for? Two, cap space. Don't have it without moving contracts no one wants. I'm not inclined to trade high picks to bolster this team at this time. The team is not a contender by just a couple moves. Keep the picks maybe look at free agency after shedding some money this off season although I'm not a big fan of free agency. So, talking trades unless you're talking dumping someone at the deadline is , in my mind, just talk.

From the Athletic — NHL front office people respond anonymously to fans’ proposed trades:

Buffalo trades Casey Mittelstadt to San Jose for Tomas Hertl
– @Vitali17

No from San Jose. Doug Wilson is ready to deal but I don’t think he’s looking to trade young players who are going to be a big part of the next phase of success for San Jose.

Exec: “San Jose would say no to that. I don’t think our guys love Mittelstadt. Not quite sure what he’s going to become. That’s an easy one.”

• Thanks (+1) 1

News stories are saying that ANA is going full on rebuild and they are willing to take on bad contracts for picks and prospects. Does that mean the Henrique is available? Will they take Bogo off our hands For a few months for a pick or prospect?  

Everytime I look to see which centers might be available who can help us now and in the near future, I keep coming back to him. He is like the perfect plug and play roster fix.  Scores goals, wins faceoffs, and can play up and down the lineup.  He also has 4 years left at 5.825.  He is currently projection out at 25g 42pts for a bad ANA team.  I think with MoJo and Skinner he could easily be a 50+ pt guy next season.  

What about Asplund, Bogo, and a 4th this year and a 2nd next year for Henrique?  It’s a cap neutral deal this season.  Gives Anaheim an NHL ready prospect to plug in for losing Henrique plus a 2nd for Henrique while taking away the last 4 years of Henrique’s deal, plus a 4th for taking Bogo off our hands for 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

News stories are saying that ANA is going full on rebuild and they are willing to take on bad contracts for picks and prospects. Does that mean the Henrique is available? Will they take Bogo off our hands For a few months for a pick or prospect?  

Everytime I look to see which centers might be available who can help us now and in the near future, I keep coming back to him. He is like the perfect plug and play roster fix.  Scores goals, wins faceoffs, and can play up and down the lineup.  He also has 4 years left at 5.825.  He is currently projection out at 25g 42pts for a bad ANA team.  I think with MoJo and Skinner he could easily be a 50+ pt guy next season.  

What about Asplund, Bogo, and a 4th this year and a 2nd next year for Henrique?  It’s a cap neutral deal this season.  Gives Anaheim an NHL ready prospect to plug in for losing Henrique plus a 2nd for Henrique while taking away the last 4 years of Henrique’s deal, plus a 4th for taking Bogo off our hands for 6 weeks. 

Said this was gonna happen last year and got laughed outta the building.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I just read something talking about Toronto fan’s trade proposals that basically said, “if you have to add a 4th round pick to your proposal it probably means your proposal isn’t good enough. No one cares about 4th round picks.

• Like (+1) 1

My proposal to Anaheim, if they're looking for cap space this summer, and for Buffalo if their goal is to simply make a playoff run:

Bogo, Risto, Hutton and a 1st for Getzlaf and Miller.

The trade is essentially Risto and a 1st for 115+ games of Getzlaf centering Skinner and Johansson.

Anaheim gets Risto who has term, and Bogo is cap space for them this summer. Miller and Hutton are UFA goalie swaps just to get us a slightly better backup.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I just read something talking about Toronto fan’s trade proposals that basically said, “if you have to add a 4th round pick to your proposal it probably means your proposal isn’t good enough. No one cares about 4th round picks.

If that is the case why did 14 4th rd picks change hands prior or during the 2109 draft and another 13 changed hands in 2018.

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

My proposal to Anaheim, if they're looking for cap space this summer, and for Buffalo if their goal is to simply make a playoff run:

The trade is essentially Risto and a 1st for 115+ games of Getzlaf centering Skinner and Johansson.

Anaheim gets Risto who has term, and Bogo is cap space for them this summer. Miller and Hutton are UFA goalie swaps just to get us a slightly better backup.

Jbot isn’t giving up a 1st when his team may fall into the draft lottery.

I’d rather move Risto for Henrique in a hockey deal.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If the Sabres are giving up Risto and a first I would target Richard Rakell

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If that is the case why did 14 4th rd picks change hands prior or during the 2109 draft and another 13 changed hands in 2018.

Jbot isn’t giving up a 1st when his team may fall into the draft lottery.

I’d rather move Risto for Henrique in a hockey deal.

Just now, Brawndo said:

The problem here is that I don't think Anaheim does either of these if they're rebuilding.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I want more than Rakell for that price

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

The problem here is that I don't think Anaheim does either of these if they're rebuilding.

I don't think Anaheim is our partner then. Nashville would love Getzlaf I'm sure

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

A fading star for a good RD with youth and term, and a 1st?

Ducks would be nuts not to do that trade given where they are,

Its a ballsy one from the Sabres perspective, but short-term there probably is no better fit than Getzlaf

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Why would Ana want to keep a 29 year old center with 4 years left on his deal if they’re rebuilding?  I think they’d rather have a 25 year old D who will still be in his prime when the ship turns around.

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would Ana want to keep a 29 year old center with 4 years left on his deal if they’re rebuilding?  I think they’d rather have a 25 year old D who will still be in his prime when the ship turns around.

Why would we want a 29 year old center with 4 years left on his deal?

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A fading star for a good RD with youth and term, and a 1st?

Ducks would be nuts not to do that trade given where they are,

Its a ballsy one from the Sabres perspective, but short-term there probably is no better fit than Getzlaf

If we want to make the playoffs this year, we need ballsy.

If you're going to deal with Anaheim for a tank, go freaking big, Gibson and Henrique for Risto, Bogosian, Asplund, Hutton and this our #1 this and next year. 

This gets us a #2C and our GKr problem is solved. They get an immediate replacement for Henrique, Risto and 2 #1's. Hutton assures a tank.

1 minute ago, jsb said:

If you're going to deal with Anaheim for a tank, go freaking big, Gibson and Henrique for Risto, Bogosian, Asplund, Hutton and this our #1 this and next year. 

This gets us a #2C and our GKr problem is solved. They get an immediate replacement for Henrique, Risto and 2 #1's. Hutton assures a tank.

Rakell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.