Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

You can only protect up to 1 goalie that meets the exposure criteria (Luukkonnen won't have to be exposed and won't count as protected) and have to have at least 1 exposed. 

So, if, say they pick up Holtby (just as an example, no reason to suspect he'd be here) and both he and Ullmark would be under contract heading into '21-'22, then at least 1 of the 2 would have to be available to Seattle to pick up.  Any other guys that might still be in the system like Hammond or Hutton would also have to be exposed.

If they somehow didn't have any goalies other than Ullmark that met the criteria to be exposed/ protected, then they would have to expose him to Seattle and would not use their 1 "save."

Would have to go back and review whether Johansson could be the exposed goalie, but pretty sure he can't be as he has pretty much no NHL experience.

It’s a pretty easy work around if by some chance Johansson doesn’t qualify. Signing someone like Hammond, who you plan as an AHL bet, is an easy fix. Johansson is finishing his ELC this year and at this point I think they plan to give him a chance beyond this year. Hopefully he projects out to an NHL backup. If that games played piece isn’t factored in, he’s our exposed goalie. 

if I’m reading the rules correctly, Hutton can’t be that guy because his deal expires three year of the draft. 

Edited by shrader

3 hours ago, shrader said:

It’s a pretty easy work around if by some chance Johansson doesn’t qualify. Signing someone like Hammond, who you plan as an AHL bet, is an easy fix. Johansson is finishing his ELC this year and at this point I think they plan to give him a chance beyond this year. Hopefully he projects out to an NHL backup. If that games played piece isn’t factored in, he’s our exposed goalie. 

if I’m reading the rules correctly, Hutton can’t be that guy because his deal expires three year of the draft. 

Well it is an easy fix, if you're good with fixing it after the Seattle draft.  Otherwise, you need to have them on board with your plan to fix the goaltending.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:38 PM, tom webster said:

I’m alright with Galchenyuk as long as he isn’t “the” acquisition. If you can make a dollar for dollar swap, why not. 
It’s like when Punch took a shot on Jacques Richard. It didn’t work out but it wasn’t a big deal in the end. If he goes on one of his unconscious streaks he could win you a game or two and be the difference in the race.

i am more and more convinced that all this team needs is a legitimate number two center and top end goaltending to not only make the playoffs but win a round or two. I think the internal debate right now is if Casey and the number one pick are on the table.

Depends how confident Botterill is in D. Cozens. 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, Brawndo said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/05/buffalo-sabres-nhl-dylan-cozens-lethbridge-hurricanes/

Interview with Cozens.

Botterill was in attendance for his game last night 

^^

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

What in the fk did you just say ? haha...

so you think we should trade one useless player for another, just because or what? lol

Actually, yeah. Frolik is the kind of guy that could get hit for ten games. People seem to miss the fact the an extra win or two credited to some hot streak could be difference between making playoffs and not.

There are probably going to be six teams battling for two spots and there will probably be two to four points separating them.

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

What in the fk did you just say ? haha...

so you think we should trade one useless player for another, just because or what? lol

Because the “useless” forward might be better than the “useless” forwards already on the team, thus improving the team.  Should Buffalo not attempt to add anyone unless that player is a 30 goal scorer or an all star or something?

I don’t know if his skills are in decline due to age, but Frolik has a long history of being able to produce 15ish goals and 40-45 points with good shot share numbers when given given middle 6 mins.  Also, he has scored 3 games in a row.  He isn’t that useless and actually neither is Scandella right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Outside of his stats not looking very good, I know little about him. Is he physical, does he pk or something?

He’s a good bottom six, given the fact a potential trade is being spoken of in past tense, I wonder if Frolík’s M NTC prevented things from happening 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t get why people say Scandella is useless?  I think he has played well this season.   He is a left hand shot, we have mostly righty’s.    

I think we get fleeced in a straight up trade for Frolik.   He is 3rd line player that has many miles on him, making him a 4th line player on a good team.  He is no better than Zemgus, Okposo or Vessey.   

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t get why people say Scandella is useless?  I think he has played well this season.   He is a left hand shot, we have mostly righty’s.    

I think we get fleeced in a straight up trade for Frolik.   He is 3rd line player that has many miles on him, making him a 4th line player on a good team.  He is no better than Zemgus, Okposo or Vessey.   

Calgary was been inquiring about Scandella since the summer. As you mentioned Frolík is not a good return for him 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.